Top 10 Amusing Poolside Antics Reveal Your Relationship Style
Your poolside manners, rituals, and antics could describe how you approach romantic relationships. Read! Enjoy!
As summer approaches, many of you will be hanging out at the community pool for some recreation. See if any of the following poolside manners, rituals, and antics could describe how you approach romantic relationships. Read! Enjoy!
1. Do you run as fast as you can and dive in head first without checking the water temperature or water depth?
You'd enjoy relationships more, if you'd be more selective and have clarity about the kind of a relationship and partner you desire.
2. Are you a drowning person going down for the third time? Do you desperately grab for anything that comes your way without question or inspection?
Vow to date only when you are feeling safe and secure in yourself and your station in life. Desperate situations throw all logic and reason out of the window.
3. Are you too eager to get that golden tan? Do you decide to shortcut the process by putting baby oil on your skin and lying on a reflective mat, only to end up with sunburn and heat stroke?
Accept the fact that any relationship worth having is going to take some time. Don't try to move too quickly from the first date to marriage or you'll get burned!
4. Did you have a near drowning experience that frightened you so much that you vowed never to go near the water again (even to take a bath)?
Your emotional baggage and scars from a previous failed relationship keeps you from enjoying the bliss that comes from a healthy relationship.
5. You refuse to leave the pool even though your fingertips are shriveled, your lips are blue, and your teeth are chattering because you are freezing?
You refuse to leave unhealthy relationships despite the negative consequences. You are in denial of just how uncomfortable you are in your current relationship.
6. Are you so afraid of getting sunburn that you never go out in the sun?
You have been hurt so bad, you not only avoid romantic relationships, but you avoid all relationships of any kind.
7. Are you the type who nearly drowns of a stomach cramp because you ate a heavy meal, just minutes before swimming laps?
Your inability to wait for a suitable timing has been to your detriment. You tend to have rebound relationships, never allowing yourself enough time to heal from last relationship.
8. Does the sound of lightening crackling all around, stir an irresistible urge to go swimming?
The more dangerous the relationship, the more attracted you are. Polygamists and the Charles Manson-type appeal to you.
9. Do you feel compelled to rescue a drowning person even though you can't swim a lick?
You equate neediness with love. You like co-dependent relationships.
10. Do you trick people to bring you a towel only to grab their hand and pull them in the pool even though they are in business attire?
You try to trick individuals, which are clearly not ready for a committed relationship to join you in the deep end of the relationship pool.
If you recognized yourself in any of the above-mentioned vignettes, seek the help of a relationship coach. Get the help you need to successfully navigate through the sometimes dangerous but potentially enjoyable waters of having a relationship.
About the Author
Life and Relationship Coach, Author, Speaker, Teleclass Leader, & Syndicated Columnist.
Enjoy a FREE newsletter aimed at helping singles be successful in dating and creating a loving relationship.
For a complimentary 45 minute coaching session, call (727) 394-2198 to schedule an appointment or email me at: CoachLovejoy@the-dating-clinic.com.