7 Tips to Jump Start your Public Speaking Success
The formula for success 'Have a passion for what you speak
on. Master your delivery. And be very persistent about what
you need to do to be a sought after speaker who is asked to
come back again and again!
1. To begin 'Practice the four D's: Drop, Delay, Delegate,
and Do! Make the space for taking the steps needed to pursue
your speaking career.
2. Acknowledge and utilize your prime time (Chronobiology).
Use your peak working hours to develop and collect your
material, listen to tapes, hear other speakers, view videos,
3. Visualize your speech and break through your nervousness.
See it. Feel it. Allow it to happen.
4. Get away from 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' thinking. Don't
wait for the perfect time 'just DO IT!! Remember: There is
no right time to begin your speaking career.
5. Take one step at a time 'the first step is the hardest.
Then 'do what is needed to package yourself and improve
your delivery constantly.
6. Set time limits 'you don't have to do it all in one
month - or even one year.
7. Don't do it alone 'company makes it more fun!! Hire a
Coach now and cut your learning curve.
About the Author
Sandra Schrift 13 year speaker bureau owner and now career coach to emerging and veteran public speakers who want to
"grow" a profitable speaking business. I also work with business professionals and organizations who want to master their presentations.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure