8 Great Baby Products that Make Mom's Life Easier
By Jennifer Kirkpatrick
You're exhausted. You ache all over. You haven't slept in what feels like days. Sounds like you've just completed the Tour de France or climbed Mount Everest. No, you're "just a Mom.
With all that is demanded of moms they need as many products as possible that save them time and energy. The latest and greatest baby products are created with the overextended mom in mind they make your life easier - or at least give you one less thing to worry about!
1. Baby Carriers - More commonly known as "baby slings", baby carriers are no longer cumbersome pieces of equipment that are bulky and uncomfortable. Reminiscent of the swaths of fabric worn by tribal women, today's baby carriers are easy to use and very comfortable. They make a great alternative to strollers and are perfect for keeping a baby calm by creating a "womb effect". And the added bonus is that you can have your hands free to do other things.
2. Nursing Necklaces - Nursing babies pinch and pull at mom while they're feeding. Ouch! To avoid this problem opt for a Nursing Necklaces (also called Breastfeeding Necklaces). Available in every style imaginable - from bright and colorful to stylish - every mom can find one that works for her.
3. Baby Sleep Sacks - Tens of thousands of European parents consider Baby Sleep Sacks a must have - and they're finally catching on in North America. Essentially "wearable blankets", sleep sacks provide baby with a safe alternative to sheets, blankets, and comforters. Because they replace all three, baby sleep sacks eliminate the risk that your baby may become entangled under a loose cover.
4. Shopping Cart Covers - Few places are there as many germs as in shopping carts. In fact one University of Arizona study found that shopping carts are about as contaminated with germs as public restrooms. Protect your little one and take a load off your mind with a shopping cart cover. A good one will cover the entire cart and can be put in or taken out with one hand. Available in a variety of fabrics - ranging from babyish to fashionable - they can also be used in public highchairs, public strollers and swing sets.
5. Stroller Blankets "The corner of a blanket running along the ground through mud puddles and slush. Baby's toes or feet hanging out. Sound familiar? Traditional blankets rarely work well in strollers because they're the wrong shape a size. Stroller blankets overcome these problems by creating a cocoon for your little one to snuggle into.
6. Car Seat Blankets - Like stroller blankets, car seat blankets keep baby completely covered so mom doesn't need to worry about baby staying warm. For newborns in a detachable carrier, they even eliminate the need for a snowsuit because they are available in such warm materials. As baby grows they can continue to be used as extra warmth on those really cold days.
7. Lullaby CDs - Nothing tests a mom's patience more than a baby that won't sleep. Today's variety of lullaby CDs created specifically to lull babies to sleep are the perfect solution. Programmed from specific knowledge about what brings on sleep in babies, they are a quick and easy solution for the baby that refuses to fall asleep.
8. Healing Herbal Products - Just like the herbal remedies that are available for adults, there are also new products that use the healing power of herbs to soothe and heal baby. Available in a variety of products, from all natural lotions and diaper creams to sachets of herbs that do everything from promote healing to induce sleep.
About The Author
Jennifer Kirkpatrick is the owner of Pipsqueak Boutique, an online baby store with a unique collection of baby essentials, gifts, toys, music and nursery items.