7 Organizing Secrets of Successful People
What is your definition of success? At the very least, you probably desire a certain amount of free time and
money. Getting organized will help you be successful, however you define it.
1. Control your time instead of letting it control you. Have a plan every day. Make a to-do list. You'll
2. Delegate repetitive tasks to employees and family members. Outsource. Pay or barter to have others
do what you don't do well (or don't want to do).
3. Set goals and priorities. Write them down. Post them. Focus on them daily. continually ask yourself,
"Is this the best use of my time right now?"
4. Batch activities. Spending a specific amount of time on like activities is more of a time saver than flitting back and forth between unrelated tasks.
5. Overcome paper overload. Set up a simple filing system. Process your paper daily.
6. Have a place for everything. Keep like things together. De-clutter. Move excess stuff out of your life.
7. Live with a budget. Spend both time and money wisely so you'll have plenty of each.
About The Author
Copyright 2003-2005 Barbara Myers.
Barbara Myers is a speaker, writer and professional organizer.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure