Deep Breathing for Meditation or Yoga
Deep breathing is a great way of promoting relaxation and
reducing stress. Yoga, meditation, martial arts, and trained
voice are some disciplines that recognize the importance and
effectiveness of deep breathing. Use the following deep
breathing technique during any of the above activites or
whenever you want to relax and energize your body.
It is natural to breathe using the diaphragm or lower abdomen.
If you watch babies, you will see that they breathe this way. As
we get older, stress and inactivity cause us to draw shorter,
shallower breaths. These short breaths use only the upper chest
instead of the lower abdomen. In times of stress the abdominal
muscles tense up and make it almost impossible to breathe deeply
and naturally. At first, the shock your body feels because of
the increased oxygen intake during deep breathing exercises, may
cause you to feel some dizziness.
A short breathing exercise:
Close your eyes, and hold your hands over your lower abdomen.
Breath in deeply through your nose while you slowly count to 4.
Feel your belly push out on your hands. Let the air in your
abdomen expand your belly without any muscle tension. Breathe
out through your mouth, feeling your hands moving back into your
Repeat this pattern until you feel peaceful, calm, and relaxed.
You may find it helpful to play calming and relaxing music
during this exercise.
About the author:
Mark Altman is the webmaster of www.soundsleeping.com free
relaxing music. Music that is ideal for yoga, meditation, or
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...