A Simple Way To Meditate
Why Should You Meditate?
What if you could close your eyes, then open them a few minutes later and be relaxed, alert, and able to think clearly? Meditation can do that for you, and it's easier than you might think.
Documented Benefits of Meditation
- Less anxiety.
- Decreased depression
- Reduction in irritability and moodiness
- Better learning ability and memory.
- Greater creativity.
- Slower aging (possibly due to higher DHEA levels).
- Feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
- Less stress (actual lowering of cortisol and lactate levels).
- Rest (lower metabolic and heart rate).
- Lower blood pressure.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Higher blood oxygen levels.
A Simple Meditation To Use Now
Don't think meditation has to be difficult. Try this simple technique, and you'll see results in minutes. Get comfortable, close your eyes, and tense up your whole body. Then breath deeply through your nose as you release the tension from every muscle. Feel each part relaxing, watching for parts that may escape notice, like a tight jaw. If you still have tension somewhere, tense up that part again, then let it relax.
Let your breathing fall into a comfortable pattern, and pay attention to it. Be aware of your breath as it passes in and out of your nose. Though your mind will wander endlessly, all you have to do is continually bring attention back to your breath.
Is your mind is still too busy? Try naming the distractions as a way of setting them aside. Try, for example, saying in your mind, "itchy leg," "worried about work," or "anger," and then immediately return attention to your breathing.
Do this meditation for five or ten minutes, or for 100 breaths. When you open your eyes, you'll feel relaxed, and your mind will feel refreshed. You'll be better prepared for any mental challenges. Why not try it now?
About The Author
Steve Gillman has been studying brain improvement, concentration, creative problem solving, and related topics for years. Some of what he has discovered can be found on his website: http://www.IncreaseBrainPower.com.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...