Want to renew your life?
We believe that everyone, given the tools, can live a brilliant life!
Insomnia: Stop the Frustration
By Mark Idzik
A sleep disorder that has affected many people world-wide, insomnia is unfortunately quite common in today. But the consequences brought on by insomnia may not be as ordinary as they seem.
The frustration of repeatedly looking at your clock while moving around in your bed can be emotionally and physically draining to say the least. The tension builds up to its peak when you see the sun rise, and you go to the office lacking energy after experiencing a sleepless night.
You don't have to suffer anymore. Here are some tips to help you sleep peacefully and faster than you could ever expect.
1) Don't eat within 4 hours before you go to bed. In case you go hungry, try some crackers, an apple or a light snack. But don't indulge in an "all-you-can-eat" feast right before bedtime. Your food won't be digested properly, resulting in poor and uncomfortable sleep.
2) Don't drink caffeine or alcohol. Caffeine can hinder your ability to sleep. Alcohol can make you drowsy, but it can wake you up in the middle of the night and bring on side effects that will adversely affect a peaceful night's sleep.
3) Develop a consistent routine of waking up and going to bed at the same time everyday, even on the weekends. Some insomniacs tend to sleep at any time of the day to catch up on some sleep they lose during the night. This is the one of the biggest mistakes you can make if you're looking to sleep peacefully. It alters your body clock and will only worsen your insomnia. If you can't sleep one night, get up at the usual time the next morning. You'll be sleeping soundly the next night.
4) Relax, stay healthy and fit. Avoid a stressful lifestyle. Engage in activity and exercise daily to release tension. Practice deep breathing exercises to relax your body often.
5) Don't force yourself to sleep. Trying your best to sleep requires some work. You don't want to work when you want to doze off. Sleep comes best if you are in a relaxed and comfortable state. Just lie down, relax, and let yourself fall into sleep naturally.