Viagra Vs. Levitra
By John M. Davidson
Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) is a medication made by Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, and is the first approved non-surgical treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED) that does not have to be either injected or inserted directly into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection. It was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for prescription sale at the end of March, 1998.
Healthcare professionals advise cautious optimism when considering using Viagra. Although data from the clinical trials are very promising, prospective patients must have realistic expectations. The drug is not an aphrodisiac, and does not change libido or desire. Viagra does not directly cause penile erection, but affects the response to sexual stimulation.
Levitra is an FDA-approved oral prescription medication for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It is available in 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg tablets and is taken only when needed. Levitra helps increase blood flow to the penis and may help men with ED get and keep an erection satisfactory for sexual activity. Once a man has completed sexual activity, blood flow to his penis should decrease and his erection should go away.
How is Levitra better then Viagra?
- Levitra can act in as little as 16 minutes compared with 30 to 60 minutes for Viagra.
- Levitra comes prepared in 3 different dosages which means you more precisely tailor the dose easily to maximise potency while minimising side effects. Viagra is mainly available in just 50mg and 100mg.
- Levitra can be taken with food while Viagra should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Levitra has no adverse side effects on the heart or vision. Viagra is known to require more monitoring for these side effects.
- Levitra lasted longer in clinical trials compared to Viagra.
However Before you make your decision, I recommend that you also consider using Cialis, a drug manufactured by Lilly Icos.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure