How To Keep Yourself Fit On Vacations
By Varun Pratap
If your family just decided to go on a cruise or may be spend sometime alone with each other.
Are you worried, about missing your daily workout routine?
Vacations should be fun and fun can be increased if you keep yourself Fighting Fit.
Pre-vacation planning can help you and your family to stick to healthy lifestyle activities and enjoy their time off. Encourage them to research the following while making their plans to have a Fitness Vacation.
- Is there an exercise area and swimming pool?
- What additional recreational activities are available? - biking trails, inline skating, parks, walking/jogging paths.
- Is there a fitness facility (YMCA, etc) nearby that services the hotel guests?
- What kind of exercise clothes and accessories for planned exercise activities will be needed?
Time for Exercise
Plan at least 30 minutes 3-4 times a week for exercise (some of my routines take even less than 20 minutes). - If driving long distances is part of the vacation - walk briskly for a few minutes at each rest stop. Walk briskly through the terminal during long layovers in your Fitness Vacation.
Workout in a Suitcase
- Rubber resistance bands or tubing for strength training during your Fitness Vacation.
- Jump rope for cardiovascular exercise.
- Pushups, squats/lunges, abdominal exercises can be done without equipment.
- Stretch daily.
Sit down with your family/friends brainstorm for ways to include fitness in their vacations. Do a "practice" vacation workout with them before they leave on their Fitness Vacation.
Write their workout on a log and encourage them to use it. Remember you can always use hotel/motel stuff to work out like box jumps on bed (jump off the floor on bed and jump down again etc) on the Fitness Vacation.
About The Author
A Martial artists Blog http://get-fit-with-tkdwarrior.blogspot.com. Daily updated blog on Fitness, Weight loss, Muscles gain. You can also serve Fresh content with Feeds taken from the blog.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure