Treadmill Weight Loss Tips
By Gary Gresham
These treadmill weight loss tips are a great way to help you shed a few pounds and shape up. A treadmill is designed for the most natural form of exercise which is walking. You don't need any special skills to use these machines because if you can walk, you can exercise on a treadmill.
Treadmill weight loss is one of the most successful methods of losing weight. Just be consistent and work within your fat burning target range for 45 minutes or more per session at least 5 to 6 days per week.
If you are looking to shed unwanted pounds, implement a treadmill workout routine along with a sensible, healthy diet. The treadmill allows you the convenience of exercising in a safe, comfortable, climate controlled environment anytime day or night.
If you are just starting out, check with your doctor before you begin any exercise regime. When you begin, start at a nice, easy pace, do shorter workouts for a few weeks and increase the length and intensity as your fitness level improves.
The main thing to keep in mind is to keep your body moving for as long and fast as you can but still remain comfortable. The faster the pace the more calories you will burn. The more calories you burn, the more weight you will lose.
Regular exercise on a treadmill will increase your body's metabolism and make it work more efficiently to burn more fat. The best treadmill workout plan is one that becomes a daily habit, just like brushing your teeth.
If you do a treadmill workout routine everyday you don't have to think about it, and it becomes a good habit. It soon becomes part of your normal day and you look forward to it. Consistency is the key to success.
Here are some important tips to remember when walking:
- Maintain a proper posture, keep you head up, relax your neck, and look straight ahead.
- Let your arms swing naturally at your side and loosely cup your hands.
- Hold your tummy in and keep your hips relaxed and loose.
- Take steps that are comfortable for you, not too short or too long.
- Concentrate on your breathing. Try to breathe normally, taking in deep, smooth breaths.
A few good tips to help break the boredom while exercising on the treadmill are:
- Listen to up beat music, books on tape or teaching tapes.
- Read a book or magazine.
- Chat with a friend on the treadmill next to you.
- Watch yourself in the mirror to work on your posture and walking technique.
- Watch your favorite talk show or sitcom.
Walking a treadmill to lose weight will consistently provide you with quality results and lasting benefits. It allows you to work at your own pace to burn calories effectively.
If you apply these treadmill weight loss tips they will have a positive impact on your weight loss as well as many other aspects of your life.
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure