Reveal your true amazing self!
- Learn valuable skills and key insights to master ALL your life challenges.
Quick Fix: Maximize your Workout
By Terrell Jacobs
Audio books make your workout bearable-- even enjoyable. Whether you are a frequent gym-goer, or someone who occasionally works out, listening to audio books during your workout will lend much to the experience. There are many ways for the fitness-minded to utilize audio books-- about as many as there are different exercise routines.
Below is a list of suggestions to show you how you can incorporate audio books into your workout.
1. Build your stamina. If-- and while-- you jog, listen to an audio book. Doing so will increase your stamina. In other words, the audio book will take your mind off the physical activity. You will then feel inclined to jog longer; thus you will burn more calories and shed more pounds. Of course, this can also be done with other types of exercise, like weightlifting, but this is one of the more common ones.
2. Workout on the go/While travelling. If you want to build muscle tone, or simply want a great workout, The Enroute Workout Personal Trainer will help you do so even when you think you cannot. This workout was created for all types of people. It instructs the listener on how to keep in shape during travel or the daily commute to and from work each day. You will learn how to improve your circulation, muscle tone, prevent limbs from falling asleep and do a number of other things without even getting out of your seat!
3. Try a new workout. Audio books can teach you a new workout-- like yoga. Yoga Sanctuary, by Shiva Rea, is a great learning tool for beginners (the compact disc is accompanied by an instructional booklet) and for those farther along who already have some basic knowledge of hatha yoga. The strengthening and relaxation techniques offered on this recording are also accompanied with beautiful music that only serves to increase the student's relaxation. It is also a flexible course in yoga in that there is no harm in shuffling the exercises-- they can be learned in any order.
4. Get Motivated. Getting in shape is a rigorous task-- this is where it will help to have your own motivational speaker. Anthony Robbins probably comes to mind and he has many of his own titles available on compact disc for your benefit-- including Awaken the Giant Within. Perhaps your goal is to lose weight and have a slimmer body, or to have a more muscular one; Mr. Robbins audio books can give you the motivation and the confidence to achieve it. Listen to them while doing your bench presses and see how they transform your workout and your life.
5. Audio books can prevent you from giving up on your new lifestyle. One of the biggest problems people face when changing to a heatlthier lifestyle is that oftentimes many of them won't continue with it past a week.'s time. Incorporating audio books into your exercise routine will inspire you to work out on a more regular basis. If listening to The Living Language Series in the gym is something you enjoy, then of course you'll find yourself returnning more and more to the gym.
6. Meditate using audio books. Pick out an audio book dealing with meditation. Why? Meditative breathing is the simplest concept in the world: basically, you must breathe in through your nose and exhale from your mouth. While this is occurring, you must try and concentrate on your breath or some other object. Of course, there are variations to this type of meditation-- but the bottom line is that meditation has its health benefits. For one, it allows for more oxygen to reach the brain-- most people's brains are starving for it because they do not know how to breathe correctly. Are you trying to lose weight? Meditation will develop your metabolism for the better.
Again, let audio books revolutionize your workout. If you do, you will see drastic results for your own overall fitness. Not just that, but you'll come out healthier minded in the long run, too. And on top that, audio books make getting in shape enjoyable.
About The Author
Terrell Jacobs - creator of www.freeaudiobooks.us and audio book enthusiast is a retired math teacher from Los Angeles, California. Currently a member of www.jiggerbug.com Audiobook Rentals. Jacobs recommends using Jiggle - Audio Book Search (www.audiosend.com) to find online audio books.