Reveal your true amazing self!
- Learn key skills and insights to master ALL the challenges you face!
5 Tips For Choosing Gifts
By Tracy Billings
We all love to receive gifts, whether it's at Christmas or birthdays, or even a special anniversary. But in order to keep getting gifts, we have to give them to others too. And happily we like that part of the bargain almost as much as the receiving bit. Here are a few tips that may help you choose the right gift for the right person.
1. To help make up your mind you can easily read reviews of gifts you are considering buying at places like Amazon.com, Buy.com, Epinions.com, BizRate.com, etc. And of course, you can even purchase from there too.
3. One problem with gifts that are wearable is getting the right size. You can overcome this by getting gift accessories, such as scarves, belts, hats, etc.
4. It's obvious, but keeping an up to date list of the birthday, anniversary, etc, dates of your friends and relatives will mean that you'll always know when it's time to buy a gift. That way, you'll probably receive more gifts too when it's your turn.
5. Always think about the recipient of the gift. Your maiden aunt is unlikely to appreciate a year's subscription to a risqu glamour magazine, and your young nephew probably doesn't really want a pair of socks.
Gifts should not be just for Christmas and birthdays. There's no reason why you can't give a special gift to someone special just because you want to at any time of the year. It does wonders for a person's self esteem, and it does wonders for you too: we all really love to give. I hope you can find the time to give to someone today.
About The Author
Tracy Billings lives with her husband and her two young sons in western Oregon. When she isn't writing freelance articles for local magazines, she likes to work on her website.