Five Questions To Consider When Shopping For The Perfect Gift
By Patricia Kopp
When buying a gift for someone, try to make sure the gift would be something that person would like. Never go out and buy just any gift. Your goal is to make sure the person would see the gift as a present that someone took the time to buy and think about.
For example if you know a person does not like fishing but you see some fishing rods on sale, don't buy one just to get your gift shopping done. Ask yourself some questions about the person you're buying for that will give clues as to how to find the perfect gift for them.
Here is a list of 5 questions to consider when looking for a perfect gift.
1. What does the person like to do? This is probably the most important question to ask yourself. For example if he or she liked boating, look for gifts in a nautical theme. Or if family was most important to that person, buy them a picture frame for their favorite photographs. A great gift idea for a person who likes to cook can be a selection of the newest kitchen gadgets.
2. Where does the person hang out? This is a great way to get ideas. If the person likes to go to baseball games, you can get them a gift having to do with their favorite teams such as a jersey or cap. If a coffee shop is their favorite hangout you could buy them a gift card or a coffee lovers gift basket. Use the places you know they visit as clues to what they like.
3. How would the person use the gift? You have to make sure the person has the capability of using the gift. For example if the person lives in Florida, don't buy them skiing equipment. Try some beach equipment or tropical themed items.
4. Why would the gift make this person happy? Think about what the person finds enjoyable. If the person likes reading, buy them a book on their favorite hobby or a gift card at a local book store such as Barnes & Noble or Borders. If that person is happiest riding around in their car, you could buy them a car related item such as car seat covers or car cleanup kit.
5. Who would the person use the gift with? If the person likes to be by themselves, a board game would probably not be a good gift idea. Look for something that they could enjoy themselves such as a movie or music. On the other hand, the perfect gift idea for someone who always has a lot of people around just may be the latest board game.
A fantastic place to look for great gift ideas is the internet. There are plenty of sites that will give you great gift ideas. You can actually buy the items online or maybe you prefer to do your gift shopping at the local mall. Whatever the case remember that the little things you consider about the person will make a big hit in the perfect gift you select.
About The Author
Copyright 2005 Patricia Kopp
If you are looking for the perfect gift or just need some unique gift ideas please visit my site at http://www.BuyCoolGifts.com