10 Tips To Reduce Fat In Your Diet
1. Steam, boil, broil, or microwave vegetables, or stir-fry them in a small amount of vegetable oil.
2. Season vegetables with herbs and spices rather than sauces, butter, or margarine.
3. Try lemon juice or fat-free dressing on salad, or use a yogurt based dressing instead of mayonnaise or
sour cream dressing.
4. To reduce saturated fat, use vegetable oil or tub margarine instead of butter or stick margarine when
5. Replace whole milk with skim or low-fat milk in puddings, soups, and baked products. Substitute plain
nonfat yogurt, blender-whipped cottage cheese, low-fat sour cream, or buttermilk in recipes that call for sour cream.
6. Choose lean cuts of meat, and trim any visible fat from meat before and after cooking. Remove skin from
poultry before or after cooking. Monitor portion sizes. (Lean meats end in "loin".)
7. Roast, bake, or broil meat, poultry, or fish, so that fat drains away as the food cooks.
8. Use a nonstick pan for cooking so added fat will be unnecessary, use a vegetable spray for frying.
9. Chill broths from meat or poultry until the fat becomes solid. Spoon off the fat before using the broth.
10. Eat a low-fat vegetarian main dish at least once a week.
Kathy Thompson, is a writer and speaker, with over 25 years of researching nutrition and fitness. Kathy provides coaching, classes, workshops, articles, reports, columns. For help with losing weight, cleaning up your diet, or improving health, contact Kathy at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the FREE report "The Secret To Permanent Weight Loss" at:
About the Author
Writer, Speaker, Coach, Kathy Thompson has been studying health & nutrition for over 25 years, and given workshops and classes around the country.