Alcohol Addiction and Obesity
People who consume too much alcohol have good chance of making it to the Obesity chart. Pure alcohol contains 7 calories per gram. Endocrine disorders, hypothalamus dysfunction and pineal gland tumors can cause obesity. But many a times the primary reason behind obesity is Over eating. And if that is complimented with excessive drinking, it won't take much time before you find yourself in a severe life threatening problem of obesity.
High calorie intake and low energy burning add wounds to the already overweight body and the more obese you become more difficult it gets to contain it. Excessive calories in alcohol make you unhealthy. When you take in more alcohol you also tend to over indulge in your eating routine. It has been discovered that one drink a day is good for your whole system where as overdoing your drinking habit will land you in deep health trouble. Drinking one peg a day will reduce the health risk of insulin and glucose related diseases such as diabetes in postmenstrual women.
Men who took to moderate drinking 3-4 days a week experienced 32% decrease in heart attack risks as compared to men who didn't drink. Also, people who consumed one drink a day 4-5 times a week showed 36% decrease in risks related to the heart.
A change in the body metabolism due to excessive alcohol intake results in obesity. It needn't stem from high caloric intake. An important cause of stroke, obesity should be controlled by proper diet and health habits. To reduce body weight and blood pressure, reduced alcohol consumption is recommended which follows a low calorie intake and increased physical activity.
Would you like to stay out of trouble?
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Break your binging habits and prepare a health diet which you are comfortable with
- Once you join the list of obese people, it gets difficult to come out of it. So take early precautions and keep watching your weight
- Count your calories if needed
- Be ready to walk a little, swim or at least lead an active life
- Even when you are on diet pills, you cant reduce weight without following a good food pattern
- Remember, if you are on a weight losing program, excess alcohol in your body will restrain you from losing weight
- Don't keep alcohol bottles in places where you can see. If you see it every now and then, your urge to drink increases
- Value your life more. Being an alcoholic and becoming obese is not the only way to enjoy life
Agriculture Organic Food Specialist
Phentermine Weight Loss Managment Group
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure