A Look at Bariatric Surgery Patients
Individuals who are interested in bariatric surgery need to be aware of the ramifications. Although significant weight loss can be achieved with the procedure, patients need to have realistic weight loss expectations. Even after the surgery, most patients will not achieve their ideal body weight. Patients with a lower BMI to begin with generally lose a greater percentage of excess weight, while those with a higher initial BMI will likely lose more total weight. Patients who approach the surgery with a goal of improving their health resulting and quality of life will have the most success.
Patients also need to be aware that bariatric surgery is just the first step. Post-surgery, they will require lifelong medical surveillance and must go into the procedure with a complete understanding of the surgery, the possible risks, and the lifelong changes it will require.
With that said, severely overweight people who have tried diets and exercise but have not achieved lasting weight loss may be candidates for bariatric weight loss surgery. To be a suitable candidate, a person must meet certain criteria prescribed by a doctor or insurance company. Example criteria include excess weight of 100 pounds (or 100 percent over ideal weight), age range between 18 and 60 ears, a BMI (body mass index) of 40 or greater.
Other qualifying criteria include a BMI of between 35 and 40 coupled with one or more of the following conditions: diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea, or degenerative joint disease. Also, repeated and failed attempts to lose weight with the aid of diets, exercise, behavior modification, or weight loss drugs make bariatric surgery an attractive option. Finally, patients should show no history of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...