What Are the Symptoms of Depression?
A good number of people who get depressed for the first time have a difficult time realizing what it is. Actually, it is frequently someone close to you who asks what is wrong, what is going on.
Here are some distinctive symptoms of depression Things depressed people say: * Talking about feelings of sadness or emptiness
* Saying they are hopeless that things will get better
* Saying that they are no good and worthless
* Saying that they have no interest in anything Personality Changes: * Unable to make decisions
* Unable to concentrate and remember
* Having trouble at home, work, or school
* Hiding out, not talking
* Slowed down movement Common Complaints of Depression: * No energy, feeling slowed down
* Trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, waking early
* Appetite problems and gaining or losing weight
* Many physical complaints like headache, backache
* Feeling guilty about past actions
* Feeling unloved and unwanted Obvious Behavior Changes: * Unable to Stop Crying
* Acting irritable, restless, and angry
* Insisting on being alone
* Stopping normal activities like hobbies or interests
* Taking drugs or heavy alcohol use Dropping Hints About: * Death and Dying
* Committing Suicide
* Your life after he or she is gone
* Giving things away
* Seeing loved one who have died
* It's finally going to be over Take the Depression Indicator Test: * I am really sad most of the time.
* I don't enjoy doing the things I've always enjoyed doing.
* I don't sleep well at night and am very restless.
* I am always tired. I find it hard to get out of bed.
* I don't feel like eating much.
* For no reason I eat all the time.
* I feel like eating all the time.
* I have lots of aches and pains that don't go away.
* I have little to no sexual energy or interest.
* I find it hard to focus and am very forgetful.
* I am mad at everybody and everything.
* I feel upset and fearful, but can't figure out why.
* I don't feel like talking to people.
* I feel the good part of my life is over.
* I feel like I'm walking around in a fog.
If you have marked more than five of these symptoms, you are depressed and need to get the help you deserve.