Can Diet Prevent Symptoms Of Depression ?
Physical condition and mental attitude are directly linked to the way a person thinks, feels, and acts. Both are equally important. The physical side is influenced by the mental side and vice versa. When one of the two is weak, difficulties ensue.
This is the reason why one's physique must be healthy with a positive mental disposition. This condition is called for not only to cure anxiety, but also in almost all other situations in life to handle whatever is thrown along the way.
The Importance of Water
Aside from the air we breathe, water is one of the primary sources of life. Water is accessible, abundant, and inexpensive, making it very versatile. It is one substance where the beauty of nature is in harmony with all living creatures.
Without doubt, water is the one of the main ingredients in relieving stress and anxiety. Even the human body is made vastly of water. Water transports and distributes nutrients, hormones, and various chemicals present in the human body to its various vital organs.
It is like a delivery truck that drops off the essential substances where they should be or where the body needs them to be. Dehydration, which is the lack of water in the body, disturbs the delivery system resulting to pile-ups and shortages. We can interpret this unbalanced flow as something similar to anxiety.
While it can be interpreted that drinking other fluids is a replacement for water, water remains to be the best choice. If a person is not accustomed to regular water intakes and prefers something else due to its taste, he can slowly and gradually increase substituting these fluids with plain water. In time, the person will choose water over any other fluids.
The flushing effect of water cleanses the body of toxins, so it is vitally important to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. The more you perspire, the more water you should drink.
If one has to discover life on another planet or any unknown body in the universe, one of the most important signs being looked for is water. The other one is most likely to be the presence of oxygen in its atmosphere, which is why water is indispensable.
The Importance of Healthy Food
Aside from water or fluids that a person needs for his physical health, solid food or food in general is the other part of one's diet that needs looking into. Again, this is where moderation plays a major role in keeping one's body fit and healthy.
Practice good eating habits. By following the Food Guide Pyramid, you can get all the vitamins, minerals, and most nutrients needed by your body.
Trying to keep track of our eating habits can be difficult for some of us due to the fast-paced stressful life that we lead. We can't find the time to monitor what we eat. Unconsciously, we tend to consume food that is available in the fastest manner. Many of the foods in this group (the fast foods) have high fat content.
An unbalanced diet can lead to acidity. This tends to raise the stress level, making many people more susceptible to anxiety and panic attacks. To counteract this activity, alkaline-based foods must be taken to balance the pH level in the body.
How would you know if your body's pH level is balanced? I believe most of us know about the 80-20 rule. Based on this concept, it is stated that if a fairly fit person makes healthy eating choices 80% of the time (consuming higher calorie foods), the other 20% of the time usually won't be a problem.
Translating this to the amount of food taken each meal using the 80-20 principle, 80% amount of food in the grain, vegetables, and fruits groups, and 20% in the other food groups like meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, and sparingly on fats and sweets, is quite ideal.
Another way to determine an internally balanced pH is by feel. Each time a meal is taken, depending on your metabolism (which has something to do with age and activity), you can more or less determine the comfortable level of stuffy feel in the stomach.
A person may be full after a meal but still feels light, due to alkaline-based foods. A person may feel full or heavy despite eating moderate amounts because of acidic foods. Though it is possible that other factors may determine how a person perceives feelings in the stomach, this is a fairly accurate gauge of measuring the pH balance.
About the author:
The author owns several sites and has worked in the health care sector for 15+ years. For more information on treating the symptoms of depression visit : http://www.Depressionsymptomstreatment.com
Careers & Employment
Grief & Loss
Kids & Teens
Self Improvement & Motivation
Travel and Leisure