Retirement Planning?...How About an Exciting New Job?
And you thought you were all finished with work. But retirement planning these days includes so many diverse options. And one of them is to find a retirement job.
If you're leaning in that direction because you just can't see yourself hanging up your work shoes...or perhaps you wish to work for financial security...well, there are some fabulous opportunities just tailor made for your situation.
The good news is that many companies value having retirees on their workforce. They're experienced, loyal, committed, on time and get along well with others. What employer wouldn't salivate to have someone like that on board?
If you've decided to explore some retirement work opportunities, whether full-time or part-time, there are five benchmarks you can use to check out in advance to determine if an employment situation makes sense for you. That way you can be sure you'll wind up in an environment that's comfortable and productive.
1. Health benefits. The best companies offer subsidies for eldercare, tax-free health accounts, wellness programs and insurance coverage for part-time workers.
2. Recruiting. Forward-looking employers target diverse age groups. They seek out older workers, rehire retirees, and actively retain their older workers.
3. Pension plans. Defined-benefit plans, stock options, profit sharing, incentive programs...all these are signals that you're dealing with an age-friendly organization.
4. Training and development. The very best employer provides career counseling, refresher courses, as well as mentoring and coaching opportunities.
5. Alternative work arrangements. Flexible workplaces with seasonal schedules, shift options, telecommuting, leave for care-giving. In other words, do they engage older workers on their own terms?
Now, where do you find such high-quality employment opportunities?
For openers you might take a look at the Nov/Dec issue (2005) of AARP Magazine. They list a number of companies that meet these high-quality specifications.
On the other hand, if you haven't been in the job market recently, you must understand that things have changed dramatically, especially since 9/11 and Katrina.
To succeed in today's job marketplace you need to dump the old-fashioned ways of finding a job and discover the exciting alternative and non-traditional strategies that can guarantee you a high-paying job in as little as 14 days!
With these innovative techniques you can be sure your retirement job search planning will lead to the career adventure of a lifetime!
About the author:
Paul Megan writes for EEI, the world-class pioneer in alternative job search techniques and non-traditional career advancement strategies...since 1985. Grab our stunning FREE REPORT: "How To Lock Up A High-Paying Job In 14 Days (Or Less)!" Click on RSS. http://www.fastest-job-search.com