Want to renew your life?
We believe living a life that is just OK is not OK.
We believe that everyone, given the tools, can live a brilliant life!
Start off with your Free Life Assessment
What You Need to Know About Home Remedies
Natural health and home remedies have been around for ages. They were all our many of our ancestors had for health care. Most of them lived in areas where doctors were few and far between. So they learned how to care for their family's health with what they had on hand. Many of these old home remedies are still in use today, and many more are becoming popular. In fact, using home remedies is becoming something that many people are beginning to embrace.
Using home remedies began to fall out of style as new medicines were discovered and health care advanced. People started to rely more and more on the knowledge of medical doctors and less on the tried and true remedies of the past. But this is starting to change and more people are turning to natural methods of healing. They are learning that many of the home remedies are just as effective as the synthetic drugs that have replaced them. Why spend a lot of money on an expensive wart removal procedure when a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar will take care of the wart just as effectively? Of course the apple cider vinegar method will take longer to work, but in the long run you will get the same result for less money!
There needs to be a balance between scientific medical knowledge and the home remedies that have been used for generations. Knowledge is power, and you need to know when it is time to stop trying to heal at home and let the trained professionals help. So here are a few do's and don'ts for using home remedies.
- Do use a salt water rinse to promote good oral health. This is a good practice that dentists recommend. Gargling with salt water will kill the germs in your mouth and can help prevent you from getting sick or suffer from gum disease
- Do use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect toothbrushes and help promote good oral health. Hydrogen peroxide is something that everyone needs to keep in their home because of its many uses. For oral health, peroxide will kill the germs on your toothbrush, help whiten your teeth and keep your mouth clean and fresh!
- Do use baking soda to help calm an acidic stomach or help prevent acne. Make a paste from baking soda and use it as a facial scrub. It will kill bacteria that can lead to breakouts and leave your skin feeling smooth
There are many other 'do's' for home remedies. If something works for you, then keep on using it! However, there comes a time when home remedies need to be supplemented with standard medical care. When the remedy is no longer helping or the problem gets worse is one reason to call a medical professional. Here are a few others:
- Don't try to cure cancer or other serious illness with home remedies alone. True, many natural medicines and treatments can help your body fight these illnesses. But you need to be closely supervised by a medical professional. If you really want to stick with natural methods, find a naturopathic medical doctor. These professionals are trained to use the body and natural healing agents to fight disease
- Don't continue using a home remedy if you have an adverse reaction. Even if the remedy worked great for Uncle Bobby, there may be something in your body that is allergic. Stop using it and see a medical professional if the reaction doesn't clear up on its own.
For the most part, home remedies are safe and helpful. They are definitely worth trying, but you need to know when it is time to seek professional advice. Let the nature and science work together to keep your family as healthy as possible.
Piper Cox is a freelance writer who enjoys fitness, and the outdoors. She loves to juice and has many great juicing recipes to help her make fresh healthy juice. She enjoys nature, reading and fitness.
Good info on many topics:
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
The New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!