Trans4mind Training is the help you need...
We have a range of powerful video workshops designed to be just the help you need. The training will enable you to experience the challenges of living as less of a pain and more like a thrilling adventure...
Start off with your Free Life Assessment
Four Secrets of Consistent Winners
By Philip E. Humbert, PhD
As a coach and student of consistent high achievers, I'm often asked, Why are some people winners time after time, while others work just as hard but never seem to "put it all together?"
I believe the answer falls into two basic categories, one that makes a small contribution, and a second that makes (essentially) ALL the difference.
The first category, which accounts for very little of the difference, is talent. Whether you call it talent or genius or aptitude, it's clear that inherent abilities do play a (small) role. It's important to know our strengths and use them to our advantage.
If I want to play basketball, being tall and quick does help. Chuck Yeager is said to have had extraordinary eye- sight, and as a test pilot that must have made a difference. For an engineer, a gift for numbers and math will obviously make things easier.
Last week I had a wonderful conversation with a man who studied under Albert Einstein at Princeton almost 60 years ago and he noted that Einstein was NOT a particularly gifted mathematician! He struggled to balance his checkbook, but he had a remarkable imagination and the ability to immerse himself in a problem until he found the answer. THAT made all the difference.
In my study of top performers, the difference that really matters time after time is that winners have a SYSTEM. Most people tackle problems in a haphazard way and they get haphazard results. Winners don't do that!
Here's a simple four-step process that consistent winners use over and over again:
- First, they get very (VERY!) clear about exactly what they want. They picture their desired outcome in precise detail. They never set out to make "more" money. Instead, they set out to "make $25,000 this month." Some people refer to this as visualization, while others call it an affirmation. All I know is that winners know what they want and they picture it in detail, all day long, every day, in advance until it becomes their reality.
- Second, winners use precise "cognitive systems." That means they have clear strategies, they think rationally and continuously about the problem and their desired solution. They do careful research and ask experts for help. They invest in education, skills, tools and resources to put the odds in their favor. They are passionate and can be emotional, but when it comes to winning, they are calm, cool, and collected. They are good, clear thinkers.
- Third, winners use what I call Personal Eco-Systems to improve their chances for success. There's a reason Thomas Edison practically lived in his lab. There's a reason Martha Stewart is so elegant, even in her garden. There's a reason writers surround themselves with books and hang out with other writers. Winning athletes watch films, they study (and memorize) the stats of their heroes. Surround yourself with an environment that makes it hard to fail!
- Fourth, winners work harder than losers. You may not like this part, but winners work very, very hard. They practice. They study. They sacrifice and make hard choices. They are the first ones to work in the morning and the last ones to leave at night. Based on their visualizations, their carefully-thought-out strategies, and supported by the environment they've created, they take massive ACTION.
The truth is that while talent and genius are helpful, the winners in life simply have better systems. They study winners. As Tony Robbins says, "success leaves clues" and winners use strategies that have worked for other people. They surround themselves with a rich environment that inspires them, and they work very hard.
Dr Philip Humbert
is a Success Strategist, author and popular speaker. Imagine what's possible! To inquire about having him speak to your group or organization, or to schedule an initial consultation, contact him or visit his site at Philip Humbert.com/
Good info on many topics:
Want to renew your life?
We believe living a life that is just OK is not OK.
We believe that everyone, given the tools, can live a brilliant life!
Start off with your Free Life Assessment
+ Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
The New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!