Hard Day at Work?
By Steve Wickham
If you had the sort of day that sees you miffed for want of justice then you fit with most of the rest of the world in your 'right now' moment. We all have them.
Yet, that sort of flippant everybody-has-those-days response doesn't empathise much does it? Surely we can do better.
Hard days happen for some of the following reasons:
2. Hurt people hounded you and somehow you're implicated;
3. Change is being foisted on you, even though you're actually doing a great job;
4. The workload - which was once an exciting challenge - has ground you down;
5. Nothing went right or to plan;
6. You felt tired all day and just couldn't think straight;
7. Trying to get work done, you were interrupted by noisy colleagues
The point is, there are many reasons for despairing at the end of our working days. It kind of makes us feel better that with a new 24-hour block of time a fresh start is mandatory. We can put yesterday behind us.
RESOLVING THE BAD DAY
It would be little help to leave the 'hard day' where it is in Complaint Land.
Many people drown their sorrows in a few alcoholic beverages, which every now and again wouldn't be bad. As a standard coping mechanism, however, it leaves much to be desired, not least our health, besides not actually fixing a thing.
Others take to coping by getting comprehensively distracted on things totally estranged to work.
And still others will talk it out with a spouse, a mentor, a friend, or process it with themselves — something for which journaling is good for.
Some make an intention of having a laugh about it - or sinking into some comedy.
Whatever method we use the test of how effectively the day's resolved is by how well forgotten the issue becomes. Unresolved issues have their way of combining and therefore recurring.
"EVERYONE HAS BAD DAYS"
Recall this is where we started. Again, to hear these words does little to help the person feeling frustrated and upset by their da. But it's still an important fact to bear in mind.
How good is it to find an example of someone who's had an even worse day than we have? We don't have to look too far. Turn on the News.
Self-pity is the dangerous temptation for us when we dwell over horrible days. It's better to understand, and accept, that - besides bad seasons - for every month we're alive we'll have a day or two of bad happenings.
Whilst everyone has bad days, the key is recovery. Putting the bad day behind us is important, but not as important as owning the bad day in the first place - it happened, but it's not the end of life as we know it.
Tomorrow's here soon enough.
Copyright (c) 2011 S. J. Wickham
+ Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
The New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life