Indebtedness - Cogent Elixir 'Curing' Self-Pity
By Steve Wickham
Self-pity in its early stage is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable. ~Maya Angelou.
It's a sneaky thing; pity of the personal kind. Beyond the empathy expected of genuinely caring others it's taken along the continuum of calamity and strains respect for common rapport. No sound-minded person enjoys a pity-party in full swing.
Indebtedness, on the other hand, is the heart heavy amid not concern but thankfulness.
It is a generous portion of life, full of hope and poise. Indebtedness is solemnity at the darkest hour and it is also ready to run fully braced with conviction in the race for moral unity. It has the sacrifice of others ineradicably front of mind.
Indebtedness is a mood beyond the insult that is self-pity.
Excused for Self-Pity
Of course, we're all excused for motives and acts of self-pity. It will happen. We will fall for it. And, indeed, it will even be consciously undertaken - more times than we'll be able to count.
Temptations to seek for ourselves are wired into the temperament of the human spirit.
It's forgivable that normal persons are given to behave in ways that they feel. The brain, such as it is, is capable of so much more, but alas it's most instinctively given to the ease of self-pity, to guilt, and to flash responses that are usually regretful.
Nobody is immune. All are imperfect and stand before God blemished if not for the love of a Saviour who imputes perfection over them. And still we will sin. The indebtedness we might strive for will constantly elude; but we must continue to chase hard after it, not becoming frustrated and overwhelmed, just accepting of our innate flaws and continuing to strive anyway.
Sowing into Indebtedness
The more we invest ourselves into the gravity of life, the more God will bless us with reflections warranted of truth, light, hope and maturity.
Never will we be healed of our selfish desires; they so creep up when we're unconscious of them. This is why it is all the more important to be determined to do better - to not be perfect - just to do better.
Rather than spinning our wheels in frustrated impotence, jaded at instances where self-pity gets the better of us, it's better to sow positively into a gentler indebtedness. That is, learning the depth of capability available to human thought and experience in a realm of existence created by God.
In indebtedness we have a word that will resound through space and time, to capture a flavour of capacity knowable to humankind. There are no depths that can be plumbed, but the deeper we go the farther consciousness of self-pity is.
Copyright (c) 2011 S. J. Wickham
Acknowledgement: This article was written as I watched the full inspired eulogy of President Obama at the Tucson Memorial Service, January 12, 2011
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
The New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life