In these pursuits, I would like to encourage you to <b>stay focused</b>. "Stay focused upon what?" you ask. Upon the purpose and values which have inspired you to travel upon your current road--the still small voice which has called upon you to do exactly what you are doing now.
Staying true to yourself is something that may come more easily now that you've been following all of these editions of Insourcing, but it is easy to become blasé about the principles that got you here and to forget to re-center.
So, this edition is a loving nudge to you to remind you to take that time out for yourself.
I've heard that some folks talk about doing a "gut check" and others talking about "checking-in." We already know how important it is to honor ourselves, or it wouldn't be part of our vernacular.
Still others talk about getting "off-track" or "off-course." This language reflects the societal wisdom that we already have about our human tendency to become sidetracked by everything that is going on outside of ourselves.
So, how can you stay focused? How can you concentrate your energy upon what really matters, especially in the middle of the distractions of life?.
Here are a few tips to help you stay focused:
1. Take some time to journal. Write about what is going on in your life. Let some time pass and then read what you've written with fresh eyes. What can you learn about yourself and your life, if you look at it through the eyes of your higher self?.
2. Take some real time to simply relax and breathe. Slow and deep breathing reflect your respect for the sanctity of your own life. Breathing was the first thing that you did upon entry into the world. Return to your breath and return to your core.
3. Return to nature. Take a day off to become an observer, sitting and enjoying the natural beauty of the world, of which you are a part!
4. Hug the people you love. Connecting with people on a heart-to-heart level can be soothing, enjoyable and revitalizing! Recognize the value of touch and connection in your life and the lives of those you touch. We are all connected and interdependent. Hugging each other helps us to remember this in the best possible sense.
5. Re-read and follow the steps in The Power of Inner Guidance: Seven Steps to Tune In and Turn On. These steps are designed to help you to create a robust focus upon what is important to you.
The time you take to nurture yourself almost always pays off. Feeling centered and focused will help you to walk upon your own path with greater confidence and ease. You deserve this! .
Pam Garcy, PhD is a Psychologist and Coach in Dallas, Texas. If you'd like a partner in reaching your goals and overcoming the obstacles that seem to stand in your way, please contact Dr. Pam for coaching at email@example.com. Dr. Garcy offers a special 10% coaching discount to all valued subscribers of Cultivate Life and to customers of Trans4mind.com. Dr. Pam's best-selling books - including the bestsellers The Power of Inner Guidance: Seven Steps to Tune In and Turn On and Wake Up Moments of Inspiration http://www.myinnerguide.com.