Learn About the Philippines
The rich history and culture of Philippines, but also its extraordinary landscapes and fascinating cities, guarantee an unforgettable holiday.
Composed of many islands, the Philippines is home to an abundance of natural wonders: waterfalls, beautiful beaches, rice terraces, and coral gardens which hold a rich aquatic life. The true wonder of Philippines, however, is its people... they do not like solitude and are extremely friendly. Rarely will you find people like these, who smile and laugh all the time, befriending the tourists.
There is a rich history and culture in the Philippines, but also an extraordinary landscapes and many fascinating cities, guaranteeing an unforgettable holiday. Manila, the capital, is the heart and soul of this archipelago, imposing a pulsating rhythm of life to the Filipinos, combining traditional with modern, ordinary with extraordinary, and the western with oriental. Manila is also close to the sea...
The old city of Manila, with its ancient ruins, the Cathedral Church of Saint Augustine, the ruins of Fort Santiago and the Chinese City are a real delight for visitors. Manila presents perhaps the most important shopping stores in the Philippines and one of the largest malls: SM City North EDSA is located in Quezon and is the largest mall in Southeast Asia.
Your adventure in the Philippines continues with an incursion into the unique tribal culture. You canl learn the secrets of witchcraft and be initiated into the art of healing from a good-faith local shaman. The ideal time for hiking the beautiful landscape is between December and May, when temperatures are not excessively high and rainfall is low.
Must-see places include...
- The Chocolate Hills of the Bohol region are a unique phenomenon in the world, hundreds of rounded hills with grass that turns brown during the dry season.
- The Ifugao Rice Terraces are titled the "Eighth Wonder of the World," being older than 2000 years and built by the cruel tribe of Ifugao - the scalp hunters.
- Siguijor Caves are one of the most exciting tourist destinations for adventure lovers. They are a challenge due to the steep, narrow tunnels, bat species and large areas of groundwater.
- The city of Tagaytay is one of the country's most popular tourist destinations because of its outstanding scenery and the cooler climate provided by its high altitude. Tagaytay overlooks Taal Lake in Batangas (pictured below) and provides one of the iconic views of the Philippines, including the Taal Volcano Island in the middle of the lake...
- Cebu City is a major tourist attraction due to its gorgeous beaches, lush vegetation and coral atolls, where there are very many species of fish.
- On the island of Bohol, you can see the smallest monkey in the world.
- The famous sandy beaches of Boracay island are among the most beautiful beaches in the world - a dreamy, spacious paradise. With more than 7000 islands in the Philippine archipelago, many choose a Boracay tours package and then combine it with some island hopping to experience the many must-see locations here.
If all these incredible tourist attractions are not enough, you must know that in the Philippines you can go diving, scuba-diving, surfing, windsurfing, snorkeling or fishing around the many islands, or you can opt for fishing trips and canoe rides or hikes in the mountain areas. Philippines is a very special universe that will impress any tourist, holding so many beauties it's hard to decide what to visit!
Watch this video to learn more...