Learn About Bali
Bali is the most famous island in the Indonesian archipelago. Along its coastline you will find great lengths of beaches, majestic mountains and in its interior features old temples and festivals animated with the unique local art, powered by a friendly population. Discover all that Indonesia has best to offer, but first visit Bali - "Island of the Gods."
Part of the south is a little commercial, with many vendors and lovely beaches. Ubud is the city of arts, a cultural and artistic center, with interesting galleries and shops of handicraft items. Part of the north is for the adventurous, where Mount Batur and Mount Abang will satisfy all your desires. Climbing Mount Abang can take up to 4 hours, but the sunrise is spectacular and fascinating.
Must-visit attractions include...
- Kintamani Volcano Tour - first it is necessary to go through Ubud, an important cultural center of the area. It’s important to go on time, preferably in the morning, because otherwise the city gets crowded, having numerous art galleries and shops. Kintamani is a mountain village at 1500m altitude and from here you can admire Lake Batur and Batur Volcano, which is still active. You can visit the temple Tirta Empul and the Elephant Cave.
- Besakih Mother Temple - the most sacred and largest Balinese Hindu temple in Indonesia. It was built in the XI century, at an altitude of 100m on Mount Agung.
- Nusa Dua - designed as a luxury resort that combines the most beautiful and modern hotels, bright and fine beaches, crystalline waters, Nusa Dua is an ideal place where you can bathe in the middle of the lagoons and spend a few hours of relaxation.
- Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Tour - built in 1624, here is the sacred monkey forest and the famous Tanah Lot temple. It was built in the sixteenth century on a huge rock on the west coast of the island, and when it's surrounded by water during the tides, the temple offers spectacular views.
- Handicraft Villages & Ubud Tour - famous since 1930, being a city that is growing rapidly, a place where there are numerous art galleries and shops.
- Important Museums in Bali – Puri Lukisan, Neka in Campuhan, Neka Gallery in Ubud, Agung Rai Gallery in Peliatan, Agung Rai Museum in Pengosekan.
- Make a visit to - Bird Park, Reptile Park, Adventure Park, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Monument, Uluwatu Temple.
- Kuta Beach - located on the western side of the island's narrow isthmus, Kuta is known for its long sandy beach and great waves for surfing, as well as its wild nightlife and high concentration of bars, nightclubs, and hotels. It's also minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International Airport in Tuban. The nearby resorts of Tuban, Legian and Seminyak are all within close walking distance.
Give yourself some time for one of the most renowned spas in Bali - Ayana Resort and Spa was voted one of the best in the world.
If you are adventurous by nature, visit the other islands around Bali, such as Lombok, Komodo and Flores. They are slightly difficult to reach destinations but totally special, mainly due to the unique natural scenery and wildlife that you cannot enjoy anywhere else in the world.
Bali is the island where you find your inner peace and fill up your soul with positive energy. If you manage to save money for the flight, in Bali everything is so cheap that money will be the last thing you have to take into account for planning a holiday there.
If you get the chance, don't miss hearing the wonderful, exotic and trance-like sounds of a gamelan orchestra. Bali is a revelation hard to adequately describe. It’s an experience that deserves being enjoyed leisurely, for at least two weeks… and when you've got her taste, surely you will want to return to this delightful island.
Watch these videos to learn more...