Reveal your true self!
Trans4mind has developed a confidential and very helpful Life Assessment tool. Sign up now and discover the key challenges you face, with a personalized training plan to completely transform your life...
Common Facilitation Mistakes
By Martha Lasley
- Choosing a venue that is too small, poorly lit, has uncomfortable seating or low energy
- Launching right in without providing a road map of where you are headed
- Sticking to the planned program rather than meeting needs of participants right now
- Allowing uneven participation or giving more air time to extroverts or people from the dominant culture
- Getting participants to talk to the facilitators rather than to each other
- Not allowing enough time for debriefing – where the real learning takes place
- Making yourself the center of attention
- Asking questions you already know the answers to - to reach the predetermined outcome
- Shutting down “difficult” participants instead of honoring their positive intention
- Scolding people for isms or micro-aggressions, rather than exploring the impact
- Intervening too often rather than trusting the group process
- Failing to focus on learning objectives or results
- Pretending you didn’t mess up, instead of leveraging the learning for the group
- Speaking before you have the full attention of the group
- Whispering to your co-facilitator so that participants are left wondering what’s happening
- Giving long confusing instructions or changing instructions when asked to repeat them
- Avoiding real conversations by hiding behind power point or flip charts
- Defending yourself when a participant expresses anger - rather than taking it in
- Offering inauthentic praise instead of owning your experience (sharing the actual impact the person is having on you or the group)
- Failing to elicit the specific learning or application during the debrief
- Hearing from several people near each other, rather than moving the focus around the room
- Avoiding exploring withholds with your co-facilitator
- Stepping over discomfort rather than exploring it
- Squeezing too much in without time for integration
- Lacking awareness of power dynamics
- Choosing who gets to speak based on who raised their hand first, rather than who has not spoken
- Moving on without affirming participants’ contributions
- Pretending you have it all together when you don’t
- Not allowing your co-facilitator enough space to contribute
- Putting group process ahead of learning or learning ahead of group process.
- Yelling at the group to be quiet or not knowing how to take charge / lead the group
- Proving how smart you are instead of eliciting wisdom from the participants.
Coaching is life-changing, world-changing work. The coaching programs at Leadership that Works go beyond theories and models and work with clients on a deeper level. You learn how to coach the whole person: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Whole person Transformation.
Transforming the world.
One heart at a time.
Good info on many topics:
White Light Transmissions
~ Free Global Divine White Light Healing ~
White Light initiates healing and positive transformation instantly. Divine Light is freely sent to you by Sunetra Basu. The receiver has only to be open and receptive to it (the Light doesn't force Itself upon anyone).
If you are interested to receive White Light, please email your full name, your health or other problem, and your recent photograph. Note: This is not a session delivered at a set time - it's a gift, and it works like magic!
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...