Untapped Strategies for Success in Today's Market
By Linda Zander
"Desperate times require desperate measures," I overheard someone say the other day. I was standing in line to order my late afternoon Latte at a well-known coffee establishment and the buzz in the room wasn't from the caffeine, it was from the customer chat. They were expressing their feelings of being down and out; hopeless of ever getting back what they've lost or of ever achieving what they were hoping to achieve; waiting for times to change before they would dare to decide what they should do next and their belief that there were no opportunities in existence anymore.
I wanted to shout out to infuse them with faith, hope and confidence by sharing the silver bullet knowledge that I have: that all the prosperity, success and well-being they seek is already in and among them, ripe and ready for them to pick up just as they picked up their Java to go.
Just as a great cup of Joe or green tea jump starts your energy, these proven strategies will not only start your success engine, it will provide the short access road to lasting success. But, before you can turn right on to the Short Road to Success just ahead, you must get off the Long Route that leads you to uncharted territories of uncertainty, delayed outcomes and unsustainability. Let's take a look at the warning signs that let you know you are on the Long Road:
- Doing anything just so you are doing something.
- Waiting to take action steps until times "get better."
- Putting all your eggs in one basket. Such as, only pursuing the thing that you have always done in the past believing that you can't do anything else and succeed.
- Not seeking advancement beyond your last position in today's current market conditions believing that it just isn't realistic.
- Taking anything that comes your way because that's the best that anyone can hope for right now.
All the above represent some of the most common strategic pitfalls that can undermine your success during turbulent times. These attitudes and behaviors are within your power to change. Changing them will take you out of situations that will delay your successful outcomes and that create conditions that will not fulfill your need for security and well being. And, without security and well being, any initial success that you may create from this place of fear, will become unsustainable.
Here are the strategies that do work in every market condition and are imperative to staying on the Short Road to Success especially in today's market:
- USING DISCERNMENT: be conscious of where and how you are spending your energy and in the choices, actions and decisions that you make. Here is the truth: The key to obtaining sustainable success is in understanding and practicing Zander's principle of: Positive Energy Ratio Exchange. This means that for every energy output there must be a greater return of energy. Unless you are doing philanthropy, the return of energy must be monetized according to a value evaluation that makes sense for your greater expansion and growth. If not, then you are creating a flat and unsustainable wealth and well-being economy for yourself.
- HAVING A HEALTHY SENSE OF DETACHMENT: be courageous in your willingness to release or redefine people, places and things that do not represent; present or provide advantage to moving you into a successful new environment of growth and expansion.
- KEEPING UP MOMENTUM: Persistence is always the winner. Do not allow yourself to rationalize a non-action state of being because "times are slow". Keep putting one foot in front of the other. There is always a next best action step to take in every circumstance and situation that will give birth to new opportunity.
- CREATE DIVERSITY: Do take the time to take personal inventory on all the wonderful abilities, gifts and talents that you have. Then create a multi-tiered (I call it a Success Ladder) strategy to showcase your talents in many different industries, forms or outlets for the unleashing of that entrepreneur residing inside you.
- DO WHAT FEELS GOOD TO DO: Do the things that bring you a sense of enthusiasm, excitement, joy and inspire you to go on to greater and greater horizons. If you chose otherwise, be realistic that what you are creating won't provide you with the sustainable wealth and well-being that you ultimately desire to achieve.
"The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore." --Dale Carnegie
Copyright © 2009, Linda Zander. All rights reserved.
Linda Zander is an accomplished entrepreneur, sustainable success coach and professional speaker. She is a natural visionary and intuitive who is dedicated to bringing her personal and business wisdom to the lives of others.