The Greatest Advice Of All Time?
By Henk J.M. Schram
So why are you interested in the 'Law of Attraction' anyway? Obviously, it's about doing what you really want to do with your life.
We've said it repeatedly, quoting the wise man's adage: "Money and fame do not happiness make." Of course, they may help in being happy. For example, it's pretty nice not having to worry about money. Let's face it, most people like money. And others like fame, and many like both. The thing is... money and fame are usually merely external confirmations of the fact that you're being happy and doing what you want with your life already.
If you are, money and fame are usually not issues anymore. You either don't care about them because you're being happy anyway... or (many times) they may come as side-effects, or symptoms caused by the fact that you're already being happy with yourself and your life.
That's where the principle of being happy and grateful for what happens to you and the situation you're in is relevant. Clearly, money and fame are really different things compared to the desire for money and fame. The 'desire for' implies that you're not being happy and grateful right now, thinking you need money and/or fame in order to be happy and do what you want with your life.
This underlying feeling of needing (and thus the deeply-engrained feeling of lack) determines what you send out... the frequency you broadcast, if you will. And this frequency 'attracts' a like frequency, and this is the mechanism through which needing pushes things away, in a very small nutshell.
I want now to get into something a bit more concrete - something more practical to use in your life. This might sound simple, but upon deeper thought it may just be the greatest word of advice of all time...
You know, according to the American physicist, philosopher and management expert Danah Zohar, doing what you really want with your life requires what she calls 'Spiritual Intelligence.' It's about your own, personal, deeper actuating motives. Zohar says that self-development and purpose/meaning are principles that are central to spiritual intelligence. When you're in touch with your own 'inner universe,' you can develop your talents and give full scope to your natural gifts. As such, you'll live the life that fully matches who you are (which is not necessarily the life that others think you're supposed to live). Within yourself, you'll discover your own actuating motives and what really inspires and animates you.
Zohar says that when you manage to live your life from that inspiration, you're quite a happy person. This pretty much connects to what the American psychologist Abraham Maslow (who came up with the so-called 'hierarchy of needs,' aiming to explain human motivation) called 'self actualization.'
According to Maslow, self-actualization is the ultimate state of human development, a spiritual condition in which people are creative, 'playful,' and tolerant. These are the very conditions that facilitate the extent to which you can 'work' the 'laws of the universe' (if you want to call them that).
And you know what? There's actually a specific group of people who can teach us a lot about this state of 'creativity,' 'playfulness' and 'tolerance,' or rather 'spiritual intelligence'... These people are children. Kids are almost the very paragon of spiritual intelligence.
Of course, this doesn't mean we should all start behaving in infantile ways. However, we can start to look at the world more like children do. We could start to re-invent and re-discover the qualities that we so often lose in the process of what's called 'growing up' and 'becoming adults.' Those qualities are:
- Being open
- Being genuine
- Eager to learn
- Feeling adventurous
- Wonder and astonishment on the least things...
And not to forget: unconditional love. Let's face it, people who are living life like this are pleasant company, both to themselves and to others.
Spiritual intelligence has got nothing to do with religion or faith. Of course, both are fine if pursuing them makes you feel good inside, if pursuing them is your own choice, and if it's not imposed on you by others. No, spiritual intelligence is about self-reflection and intuition.
There's a difference between what many consider 'being spiritual' and 'spiritual intelligence.' You can do reiki, qigong, meditation, burn incense, do rain dances in wildlife outfits all day and read books about 'spirituality.' And of course that's all fine if that makes you feel good. However, 'spiritual intelligence' rather refers to making the choices that suit you and actually consciously experiencing and feeling the satisfaction and feeling of fulfillment and self-realization that come with that. That's what'll make you happy.
So what's potentially the greatest advice of all time? REMAIN CHILDLIKE. Be open. Be adventurous. Be curious. Be eager to learn. Be genuine, not least to yourself. Don't judge. Acknowledge the wonder of life and the amazing experience it brings. After all, it seems so real, doesn't it?
In the words of the late comedian Bill Hicks: "The world is like a ride in an amusement park." And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while.
Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we kill those people. "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real."
Just a ride... But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us so, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. So what's your choice?
Remain childlike. And enjoy the ride!
The Revolution is receiving increasingly widespread attention for its straightforward explanations and instructions with regard to complex issues, which are made understandable for people from all walks of life. In essence, the true secrets of the 'Law of Attraction' and the other 'Universal Laws' are explained in much clearer and practical ways than the 'enigmas wrapped in riddles' that usually characterize the descriptions of the Law of Attraction and its application.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life