The Law of Attraction and the Ultradian Rest Response
By Henk J.M. Schram
Few things are as important to 'attraction' (or rather your act of 'creation') as what some scientists call the 'ultradian rest response'. You may have never heard of this before, but it's one of the keys to bringing about in your life what you want to see. You see, there is a great difference between 'thinking' and 'knowing'. Thinking is a purely intellectual activity. It mainly takes place as electrochemical processes in your body and brain.
'Knowing' on the other hand, transcends intellect. It is what is often called 'intuition'. Intuition is often defined as 'immediate knowing', without the conscious use of reasoning. There is no sequence of thoughts following up on each other leading to an outcome. It's just there, instantly. Bang! You suddenly get it. "Aha!"
It appears to be stemming from a whole different source of awareness compared to the 'rational mind' or intellect that we tend to use so much in our lives. In our modern societies, we find ourselves under so much pressure to ignore intuition and to rationalize everything that happens. We'd rather go with our 'heads' than go with our 'hearts'. We learn that from an early age in our education system, which puts the main focus on the left part of the brain, the intellectual and analytical part.
As a consequence, if you're like most people, you tend to 'overrationalize' everything. You regularly get the feeling that you want to do something, and it really makes your heart sing. But then your intellect rears its ugly head, and suppresses the 'intuitive knowing' you just experienced by using the limiting thoughts and emotions that have been dominating your being and thinking for long. You start to think and feel things like:
"Oh my, what will my mother say?"
"Goodness, what will the boys at the bar think if I do that?"
"Dear me, my parents will get angry for not doing something with my education..."
"That can't be right. Scientists say that this is not true. Who am I to think otherwise?"
"I'd love to do this, but..."
"If I could ever do this... Nah, I can't do that. I must have gone mad."
"What will the neighbours think?"
When you look at it this way, it's not a surprise that your intuition is often at odds with what you think. The intuitive knowing stems from a source that has a much greater overview, the bigger picture. It sees what the 'knowing' and associated action will lead to. The rational intellect always has a limited perspective that is quite likely even coloured by societal and religious 'norms', or 'bad memories' of certain events, which itself are often limited interpretations of what were actually stepping stones into a whole new reality.
Ernest Rossi, Ph.D., is an internationally renowned psychotherapist, teacher, and pioneer in the field of mind/body healing. In his book The Psychobiology of Mind/Body Healing, he describes how during an ultradian rest response your body goes into a mode that makes you more receptive to the unconscious parts of your being:
The clearest memory that comes to mind of experiencing an ultradian rest response myself was during a final math exam back in high school. I had trouble with one of the questions and finally drooped away. It was like I temporarily switched to the realms of 'no-time', staring out of the window without being conscious of what was happening around me. Then suddenly some kind of realization kicked in, and I suddenly knew how to get on my way of solving the question that I didn't seem to understand at first.
This is not something uncommon. Everyone experiences this all the time, probably daily. The trick is to recognize it. Even some of the greatest minds in modern history accepted the importance of intuition: "The only real valuable thing is intuition," said Albert Einstein; "It is by logic that we prove, but by intuition that we discover," said Henri Poincar (one of France's greatest mathematicians and theoretical physicists).
According to Dr. Nagel, ignoring the signals of the ultradian rest response or trying to suppress them can cause you to become irritable, uncomfortable, and even depressed. However, she emphasizes that if you allow them and flow with them, they can be moments of great inspiration. Here's what she says:
The thing is that 'attraction' doesn't happen like things just falling out of the sky right on your lap. It often works through inspirations to do something or go somewhere. Your inspirations and hunches point you towards things you can do to bring about the changes in your life that you desire.
Ignore them, and you won't 'attract' what you want. But follow along with them, and magic happens.
And finally, always realize this... 'Intuitive knowing' can be unique to the knower, which is you. What may feel good for you, doesn't have to feel good for others. Everyone is unique. You will be inspired to do something that is best for you, and that matches what you want. That can be totally different from anyone else. Besides, not everyone wants the same thing, at least if everyone would follow their true 'wants', not the 'wants' imposed by the image of what others think you should want.
No one should judge or ridicule what another feels is good for him or her, as long as the person never seeks to impose anything on anyone else. That is the freedom of life we need, that will change everyone's life radically, and the whole world with it.
Gotta go now. I feel an ultradian rest response coming in...
The Revolution is receiving increasingly widespread attention for its straightforward explanations and instructions with regard to complex issues, which are made understandable for people from all walks of life. In essence, the true secrets of the 'Law of Attraction' and the other 'Universal Laws' are explained in much clearer and practical ways than the 'enigmas wrapped in riddles' that usually characterize the descriptions of the Law of Attraction and its application.
Looking for a better life?
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life