What Is 'Success' Anyway?!
By Henk J.M. Schram
Everyone seems to strive to be 'successful' in life. We may look to apply the 'Law of Attraction' to gain 'success.' But what is 'success'? What makes you successful, and what makes you a 'failure'?
To answer this question, let's first take a look at our world. Our societies are completely focused on our five senses of seeing, hearing, tasting, touching and smelling. Our five senses are constantly stimulated. They are enticed and exploited all the time. It is therefore no surprise that we tend to focus our minds on materialism 24 hours per day. We tend to focus all the time on big cars, big houses, lots of money in the bank, and so on.
There is nothing wrong with that in itself. Neither does this mean that being 'spiritual' equals being poor and living in a dump. That doesn't make sense either. The problem is not with the 'material' objects themselves. I'll get back to this later.
First, I'd like to know this... So many people want to 'attract a new car.' But what is it with cars anyway? Somehow the car has become a symbol of status, of 'success.' I know a number of people (even some well-known ones) who are so obsessed with their cars, they even give names to their car.
A friend of mine had a car and was really proud of it. He called this car 'Infinity'. Another friend of mine doesn't care the least bit about what kind of car he drives. Still, he needed to buy a car the other day to be able drive to work. But because he didn't really care about it, he simply bought the first set of wheels that he liked even just a bit and of which he thought the price was right for him. "If I can drive to work and back with it, then that's a great car for me," he thought.
He bought himself a pretty old car to be honest. It certainly didn't look that fancy. The other friend would have dubbed it a piece of junk. But this guy couldn't care less. In fact, he could see the fun of it. In response to my other friend who called his car 'Infinity,' this guy decided to give his car a name too. He called it 'Finity.' I kid you not, this is a true story. What it illustrates is the relativity of 'status' and 'success.' What one person would consider being dignified, could be considered by the next person as pathetic.
Like I said, the trap is not with material objects themselves. These are just frequency patterns anyway. The problem comes when we see those objects as the ultimate goals and the very symbols of success that confirm whether we 'made it' in life or not. It is for this reason that many people look to others to confirm to themselves if they are 'doing well' or if they are 'successful.' When you don't succeed in terms of big houses, big cars, big money, you are often considered as a 'failure,' and often consider yourself as such.
The whole system thrives on consumption and the constant expansion of consumption, and the more we consume, the more we are considered to be 'successful.' This even leads to many people borrowing more of what they don't have and getting in even deeper trouble, simply to provide themselves the very things that should testify to others of their alleged 'success.'
So is this the kind of 'success' you are looking for? What if I told you that the real success you are looking for is not having all kinds of material stuff, but is actually called 'happiness'? After all, why would you want a lot of money, or a big house, or a big car? Why would you want others to approve of you? In the end it all comes down to a desire for a sense of security and happiness, and being able to live life on your own terms. The quest ends when you're happy and fulfilled.
But when are you happy and fulfilled? Here's a hint from what a wise man once said: "Money and fame do not happiness make."
Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with having a lot of money, or being well-known, or having big cars and big houses. These are all thought fields and are just experience. The problem is that so many people get absorbed in pursuing the material 'dream' that they forget about why they are doing that in the first place.
I believe it was John Harricharan who said this: "Most people are so busy trying to make a living, they forget to make a life." He's right. Most people are 'human doings' instead of 'human beings.'
The funny thing is that the greatest payoff from trying to get what you want through working with the 'Law of Attraction' comes from a state of being. It is a state of happiness, contentment and love and gratitude for what IS that gets you what you truly want.
At any rate, the greatest payoff from your attraction efforts does certainly not come from an obsession with ever more material stuff in the merry-go-round that gets faster by the day, for the sole reason to seek approval and confirmation of your 'success' from others, in order to compensate for a lack of self-esteem that is the cause of this obsession to begin with. A sense of security, self-esteem and 'success' is found within yourself, not outside.
And the funny thing is that once you give up the obsession with possession and finally acknowledge your true self, the person who you really are deep inside, you seem to manifest what you want much more easily. When that happens, you can enjoy all kinds of material stuff as much as you like, if that's what you choose. You can choose to have a big car if you like. You can choose to live in a big house if that's what you want.
The difference is that you won't be controlled by the never-ending pursuit of these things. You won't be 'on the path to happiness and success' anymore. You would just BE happy instead, and from there you will allow things to manifest instead of chasing them forever. It's a small difference in perception, but with profound effects. It is then that you will start to live life, instead of life living you.
So what is 'success'? Success, my friend, is what you define it to be. Now go manifest your success, whatever that is for you!
The Revolution is receiving increasingly widespread attention for its straightforward explanations and instructions with regard to complex issues, which are made understandable for people from all walks of life. In essence, the true secrets of the 'Law of Attraction' and the other 'Universal Laws' are explained in much clearer and practical ways than the 'enigmas wrapped in riddles' that usually characterize the descriptions of the Law of Attraction and its application.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life