The Magic of Changing Your Perspective
By Jackie Lapin
For most of us, dealing with changes and events that move us out of our comfort zone instantly takes us to a place of fear and negative thinking. It is the rare person who doesn't emotionally invest the experience with anxiety and assign a negative value to it.
Yet the truth is that all things are neutral, they just are--until we lend our perspective to them and assign value. More importantly, every experience brings with it an opportunity for growth--for greater wisdom, for new knowledge, for redirection from the Universe, or for expansion in some way, shape or form.
The task for us as Conscious Creators is to retrain ourselves not to immediately go to that dark place, but instead to seek the light and--assign positive value to every experience. The best way to do that is to learn new perspectives, and to apply them to each situation. You can magically turn a perceived problem into a blessing by asking the right questions or applying the right filter. Let's expand our thinking and open up to the many new ways to look at things. By having these 'tools' in your tool kit, testing the ones that work best for you, then applying them through practice many times over, you will be able to change your knee-jerk negative pattern of thinking to a welcoming and positive perspective that raises your frequency. And eventually will become your new permanent pattern of perspective.
Here are some really insightful questions that will lead you to look at your perceived challenges, problems, and issues as your next opportunities, gateways, and gifts:
- What is the joy to be found here?
- What is really great about this?
- What can I learn from this experience?
- How can I apply this in the future?
- How does this ultimately serve me?
- What is the upside to this experience?
- What is the takeaway here?
- What message is the Universe offering me?
- How can I turn this experience into something positive?
- What is the underlying truth about this experience--what is the reality without my emotional charge?
- What is the good that can come from this?
- Who can I help with this wisdom, knowledge, and experience?
- Where is this experience directing me?
- What is the invitation here?
- What new opportunity does this open up?
- How can I grow from this?
- Where is my expansion in this?
- What is this calling me to let go?
- What burden is being lifted through this experience?
- What deep calling within me wants expression through this change--even though it may be subconscious?
You undoubtedly know that everything happens for a reason. Here's an opportunity to look at that reason as Source does. You would not be offered this experience if there was not purpose here for you, your life, and your spiritual growth. But the Universe gives you these experiences out of its desire to help you reach your own truth and highest good. Use these questions for a more objective view of what is in your highest good.