To Become More We Must Become More
By David deFord
We can accomplish much good if we have the right motivation. This motivation often springs from a defining moment in which we say, "Enough!" However, motivation alone will not carry us to our goals. We must employ vision, planning, action, and discipline. We must build within ourselves the right skills to succeed in our chosen areas.
Imagine setting a goal to double your income in five years. Many paths can lead you to achieve your goal: changing jobs; starting a business; and writing books. You could choose dozens of actions to help you double your income. Most likely, you'll need to build new skills. You will need to improve and broaden your existing abilities.
To enhance your opportunities, you can spend your entire life obtaining learning. It's never too late to learn new skills and ideas. Study a variety of subjects. Don't confine yourself to one area of learning. If you develop broad knowledge in a variety of areas you can adapt your career to meet the market demands. Also, through balancing your study, you will become a more engaging conversationalist. Your understanding of world events will grow.
Be resolute like Heber J. Grant. Mr. Grant, a great religious leader in the western United States, loved hymns. Unfortunately, he could not carry a tune. Daughter Frances says of her father, "He had no sense of pitch at all. You could play a note on the piano then play a note four notes higher, and he could not tell if it was higher or lower."
At age ten, he joined a singing class and the professor told him that he could never learn to sing. Some years later, a man told Grant that he could learn to sing, but the man said he would like to be forty miles away while Heber practiced. But Grant persevered. "He would practice," Frances recalled, "just playing a note on the piano with one finger and practice and practice. Of all his accomplishments he was proudest of learning to sing."
Grant said, "The most I ever worked was to sing 400 songs in four days." It may also have been the most work for Rudger Clawson and J. Golden Kimball too. On a trip with these two, Grant asked if they had any objection to his singing 100 hymns that day.
"After I had sung about forty tunes," he recorded, "they assured me that if I sang the remaining sixty they would be sure to have nervous prostration." He sang the full 100. Heber J. Grant often quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson: "That which we persist in doing becomes easy to do; not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do has increased."
Building a library
Business philosopher Jim Rohn encourages us to leave three important legacies for our families: our life in pictures, our life written in our journals, and an abundant library. Building a library is a wonderful labor of love. We not only lift ourselves, but we also elevate our families. I would suggest, for example, the following sections:
- Biographies and autobiographies
- Fine literature
- Culture (art, music, dance)
- Personal development
As you build your skills, seek balance in your learning, and build great libraries, you position yourself for success in all areas of your life: your personal life, your family life, your spiritual life, your professional life, and your financial life. As you learn new skills and ideas, you will become one who can succeed in the areas of your choosing. Balanced success through balanced learning.
David deFord has authored several guides to help ordinary people be winners in the game of life, and this new book - 'Make Your Life a Masterpiece' - is one of his best. He really knows how to motivate: to get you to attempt much greater achievements than you thought you could, to get going, manage the difficulties, and to have a darn good time, helping yourself and others in the process. Why not take advantage of this great advice? And if you order 'Make Your Life a Masterpiece' soon, David is currently offering 24 downloadable bonuses valued at over $1000...
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Imagine if - with the help of personal development - the values of the heart could be brought into our families, communities and businesses... What kind of a world would this create?
By Wallace Huey & Peter Shepherd, Trans4mind Founders
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!