Who Am I?
When the early Greeks went to the Oracle in Delphi to ask questions about life and the future, the Oracle often gave enigmatic answers. But behind all the answers was the ages old dictum, 'Man, Know Thyself,' for which the Oracle is remembered.
All questions that we may have about life arise from this one fundamental question: Who Am I? All problems begin with not knowing this answer. The answer changes with time and with changes in consciousness. Our joy comes from an insight into this question. All fulfillment and all healing must address explicitly or implicitly this question. The answer is not information, although information or concepts might be formulated. The answer is always a soul connection. It is an identification with the expression of Spirit within us, which is in part what soul is.
Throughout the ages, the issue of self knowledge has been the most basic teaching of every path of development or expansion of consciousness. It appears to be deceptively simple. Obviously there must be more to it than at first seems apparent, or we would not have to be constantly reminded of it.
When you buy a new car you get an owner's manual to tell you all about it and how it functions. When we come into this life we do not get an owner's manual and don't know very much about how we function. We have to write our own manual - and it will be unique and different from that of everyone else. How are you doing so far with yours?
Does it not seem odd to you that our educational system teaches us about how the physical world is, but does not teach us how we are? This education is left up to each of us to pursue. We have to learn not only about our physical body, but also about our emotional life and our mental life. Without this knowledge we do not take responsibility for our physical well-being, and our thoughts and especially our emotions control us. Personal growth systems, self-help books and courses, and modern psychology to some extent deal with these dimensions of our personality.
But there is much more to self-knowledge. The 'self' is not the self-image we have, but our essence, the soul, of who we are. And without knowing who we are in our essence we cannot be ourselves. We then live superficially, with our 'power' but a temporary illusion and our love conditional. Without self-knowledge we become victims of circumstances. Through the Soul Journey, we find our unique essence, and become adept at expressing ourselves from a very powerful, intelligent and loving center within us.
- Describe your essence. What few spiritual qualities do you most stand for?
- In the last week how have you responded to the need of others?
- What are you victimized by? The system? Your parents or upbringing? Your job? The economy?
Looking for a better life?
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights
- Become clear on exactly what to do in order to fulfill your potential
- Personal support from our team of life coaches
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.