Creative Visualization Demystified
By Tania Kotsos
Creative visualization is the fundamental technique underlying reality creation. It is the process of using your thought power to consciously imagine, create and attract to yourself that which you desire in your life. Mastering creative visualization grants you direct control over your thoughts at the subconscious level. While there are several ways to programme the subconscious mind, visualization is the most effective and its results the most rapid.
The visualization techniques outlined here will enable you to harness the creative power of your thoughts to change your circumstances and create the life you desire. There are five basic steps to visualizing your desires for reality creation: Relax - Imagine - Feel - Believe - Detach.
- Step 1 - Relax: The first step is to relax your body and empty your mind. Find a comfortable seat, sit upright, breathe deeply and steadily, count down slowly from 25 to 1 while relaxing all your muscle groups from head to toe. Empty your mind by focusing on your breathing.
- Step 2 - Imagine: The second step in the creative visualization process is learning to imagine your desired outcome. Your imagination is the engine of your thoughts. It converts your thought power into mental images. Imagine your ideal reality in the present moment, bring your pictures to life as if watching a movie, concentrate your thoughts with laser like precision and indulge all your senses.
- Step 3 - Feel: The third step is to really feel what it would feel like if you already had that which you desire in the present moment. Where imagination is the engine of your thoughts, your feelings are the fuel. Your e-motions are energy in motion - they bring your images to life.
- Step 4 - Believe: The fourth step is to believe that you already have your desires in the now. The words of Jesus Christ were clear on this in Mark 11:24, "What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them." This is not about wishful thinking or lying to yourself. It is about knowing the scientific truth behind reality creation and having the kind of faith that is the "evidence of things not seen."
- Step 5 - Detach: The fifth and final step in the creative visualization process cannot be emphasized enough. Detach yourself from the outcome you desire to see manifest in your life - detach, detach, detach. To be attached to your desires is to live in the fear that they will not materialise. Attachment to any thing or any one turns love into fear and belief into doubt.
Practice is Key
You must practice, practice, practice. Set aside a time each day for your creative visualizations, preferably once in the morning upon waking and once in the evening before you go to sleep. Both these times are ideal as your mind is already in a semi-relaxed state. Once you have mastered this simple five step process you will see your life transforming in miraculous ways.
Getting On With It
Once you have completed the process, get on with the rest of your day. To bring yourself back to a normal waking state, simply continue to breathe deeply and rhythmically and count up from 1 to 5 consciously waking yourself from the relaxed state and slowly opening your eyes. Alternatively of course, if you are visualizing while in bed you can allow yourself to drift off to sleep.
Leave the How up to the Universe
The focus of your visualizations must be on the outcome, not the process. Once you accept the Truth about your thought power and that you are one with the One Universal Mind you will be able to release any need to control the process. Instructing the all-knowing Universe "how" you want things to come about is telling Omniscience that you know better.
Take Inspired Action
Although the creative visualization process is one based on relaxation, action is required to successfully manifest your desires. The key to taking action is to take only inspired action. This is not to sit and wait for the proverbial penny to drop and nor is it to run around in a frenzied state doing everything you can possibly think of doing in the hope that something works. It is about being calm and deliberate in the action you take, knowing that it is taking you toward your desired outcome. It is about listening to your intuition and following your natural instinct.
The Mind Works with Feedback
The more feedback you give your mind the easier it is to accept and internalise a new concept. If you are new to the idea that you create your reality with your thoughts, then it is natural that your mind may demand some proof. It is a great leap of faith to go from the belief that "things just happen to me" to "I make things happen". This is why it is best to start with something simple. The more you experiment and succeed in manifesting simple things, the more the synapses will fire in your brain, creating a solid belief around the truth that you create your reality. Once you believe it in practice and not just in theory, then you are pretty much home free to create anything you desire.
In a nutshell, creative visualization is the fundamental process underlying your innate ability to consciously create your ideal reality. The five steps you must master in visualizing is to relax, imagine, feel and believe you already have that which you desire and then detach from it. After you have completed the visualization process, preferably twice a day, get on with the rest of your day. Leave the how up to the all-knowing Universal Mind and commit yourself to taking inspired action towards your desired outcome.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...
Want to submit an article? Click here...