The Open Secret: What's Truly Important?
By Kevin Schoeninger
We're bombarded with Secrets, Keys, and Magic Formulas to get what we want in life. This is an inevitable aspect of the Information Age. Because of countless information receiving devices and the Internet , we have access to an unprecedented wealth of facts, knowledge, and wisdom along with an infinite supply of gossip, innuendo, and useless, or just plain false, information. Online, it comes to us from sources that range from highly credible to dubious, yet any of it can have the refined appearance of truth.
When it comes to personal development and spiritual growth the story is no different. When everyone claims to have the secret, or the secret behind the secret, who do you believe? Within this overload of information how do you select what is right, true, and effective? How do you choose what is best for you?
If you are seeking a life of greater health, happiness, love, and purpose, there are thousands of books, products, and programs that will guide you along the way. How do choose between them when they give you conflicting information?
And what if you aren't sure exactly what you want? What if you feel stressed, unhappy, and unfulfilled, but you don't know why. What if you're not sure where to begin? You know you want a better life, but you're tired of following the latest wave of promised results and sure-fire solutions.
In this article, I give you an alternative approach. I'll offer two insights that may help you to clear the clutter of information and hone in on what will work for you. The first one is this: you may be putting things in the wrong order. Second, you may have received misleading information about what you are here to do.
Let's begin with the first point. What do I mean by putting things in the wrong order?
We live in a consumer society. From a young age, we are taught that what we need is "out there" and it is up to us to go out and get it. We are trained to get an education, to find the right relationship, and to get a career that pays well, so we can buy all the things we need for a good life. This is our dominant cultural model.
We are trained from a young age to be consumers rather than creators. We are told that the things that we need and desire are outside ourselves. All we need, then, is purchasing power. With this "outer" focus, it's easy to become mistakenly obsessed with money.
Armed with enough money, some of the things we seek are quite simple and basic--like food, shelter, and clothing. These are obvious needs that we need to learn to acquire "out in the world."
We are also trained that we need insurance for peace of mind, doctors, drugs, and surgery to make us well, anti-depressants to make us happy, alcohol to relax and have fun, and perfume or the right deodorant to attract our soul mate. Even, when it comes to something that is so clearly and undeniably an inner skill such as meditation, we're told that we can purchase technology, put on headphones, and have it done it for us.
Yet somehow, no matter how much money we make, no matter how many things we have, no matter how much insurance we buy, no matter what we have--it's never enough. In the end, none of these things make us feel happy, healthy, loved, or fulfilled. Ultimately, none of them deliver what they promise.
The reason is because we have the order backwards. We are looking to things outside ourselves to give us inner experiences. Health, happiness, love, and fulfillment are inner experiences. If these are what we truly want, we must cultivate them directly and internally. When we do that, the outside will take care of itself. Outer circumstances and conditions are the result of inner qualities and experiences.
Now, some programs have gotten on to this approach. It is now becoming common to hear that to change the outer results in our lives we need to change what is happening inside. "The Secret" is a great example of this. Yet, while there is much good merit in these new approaches, and they are the first important step, there are some elements in the "You create your life" approach that can leave us just as confused and overwhelmed as we were before.
For one thing, it is often claimed that "you can be, do, and have anything that you want--that you are a being of infinite possibilities." At a spiritual level, outside of space and time, this may be true. However, in this world, here and now, we are living in bodies with certain potentials for a certain period of time.
You are here for a few very specific purposes. You are not here to do anything at all, or anything you want, or infinite possibilities, but to do some very specific things. I call these your Core Possibilities. Right here and now, in this moment, there is one thing that is right for you. This is your Core Possibility in this moment.
The task then becomes discerning that possibility and fully actualizing it. When you accurately discern your one Core possibility right here and now, and take effective action to bring that to fruition, you will experience the health, happiness, love, and success that you are here to experience. You will experience the life you are meant to live.
How do you know your Core Possibilities?
It begins with the skill of Self-Observation. Self-Observation is the foundation for knowing "who you are" and "what you are here to do." It is the key to cultivating yourself as a "conscious presence" that co-creates your life and your world. When you begin to experience yourself as this conscious creative presence, you will find that you have several capacities that you didn't know you had. First and foremost, you have the capacity to know exactly what you are here to do right now--your Core Possibility.
You will know this one possibility by what you are interested in, by what makes you happy, by what brings you health, by what gives you a sense of meaning and purpose. Through Self-Observation, you will start to recognize the subtle inner nudges that guide you to realize your reason for being here. You can cultivate this inner guidance. You can learn to observe, listen, and feel deep inside.
As you become aware of yourself as a conscious inner presence, you will also begin to experience that health, happiness, love, and purpose are your natural states of being. Furthermore, you can fully realize these states by consciously cultivating them. This too is an inner skill.
Like a gardener who watches over the natural process of growth, you can cultivate these inner states. You are here to develop your inner skills of being healthy, happy, loving, and purposeful. These states are not the result of getting other things. Instead, the other things that you want in life are the result of these inner states.
You cultivate the "inner" to realize the "outer." Positive outer circumstances result from positive inner states. Discerning your Core Possibilities gives you the specific ways through which you express your positive inner states and realize the life you are meant to live.
Connect With Your True Purpose!
Now I am going to guide you through a powerful exercise to help you connect with YOUR true purpose, your HIGHER calling, the reason that you are here on this Earth.
So often we get stuck because we see too many choices, too many competing desires, too many mixed messages. When you know your CORE possibility -- what's highest and best for you, right here, right now -- two things happen. First, you're MUCH happier and more fulfilled. Second, you will be much more effective at manifesting what you truly desire.
So the following exercise is all about discovering your purpose and living your dream. Because when you do, your intention will be multiplied through the law of attraction. People will be amazed at how things are happening for you in your life. And when you tap into this level, the rest of what you want comes along with it...
Find a comfortable seat and sit in an upright position with your hands cupped in your lap, one resting in the other. Lightly close your eyes and take several slow deep breaths. As you inhale, imagine and feel that your whole body is filling up with your breath. As you exhale, imagine and feel that your whole body is emptying out.
If any thoughts, worries, memories, or anxieties come into your inner space, recognize them, accept that they are there, then let them go and return to your breathing. Allow your breath to clear your inner space. Become absolutely interested in following your breath, as if nothing else matters at this moment. Breathe consciously for the next thirty seconds.
Now imagine that your inner space is completely clear. Imagine yourself as a blank screen. Imagine that you've cleaned the slate of your life so that you can picture, write, say, or define your life in any way you desire. Right now you have a fresh start.
Imagine what I'm about to describe from the most positive perspective. Allow the following possibility to guide you to hone in on what is most important to you.
Imagine that this is your last day on earth. If any anxiety about this possibility comes into your inner space, recognize it, accept it completely, let it go, and return to imagining this last day in the most positive way.
As you go through the following questions, some specific images or feelings may arise. Whether something specific appears, or not, the important thing is to take this time to feel inside, to ask the questions and be receptive to inner guidance.
Whatever happens, or doesn't happen, is O.K. Simply be open, attentive, and relaxed.
Now, because this is your last day on earth, you will do only what is most important to you.
What is most important to you for your health, for your relationships, for fully expressing who you are and what you are here to do? If this were your last day on earth, what would you get busy doing? How would you care for yourself, what would you do or say to others, what would you make sure that you accomplished to feel good about this day?
Is there anything that you've meant to do, but haven't gotten around to? What are your dreams?
What legacy do you want to leave? If what you thought, felt, said, and did today were the record and the contribution that you would leave behind, what would your day be like? What would you do?
Allow your best possibilities to take center stage. Feel the inspiring urgency to bring these possibilities into being right here and now.
Take a minute to write down whatever feels most important to you from this inner experience.
Core Energy Meditation enables you to shift into a strong, positive, clear, and coherent energetic vibration or what I call a Core Energy State. In this state you connect deeply with your heart - "who you are" and your true purpose. You release your personal limits and are free to act with a greater sense of ease and purpose.
In the final stage of Core Energy Meditation you spend some time sensing, imagining, and feeling your ideal possibilities. You allow those possibilities to arise from the core of your being, you experience them as real here and now, and you listen for appropriate action.
Core Energy Meditation is a universal process to help you live the life you are meant to live. It will also enhance the effectiveness of any other therapy, personal growth technique, or spiritual practice. With consistent practice you can expect to:
- Reduce stress and increase your energy
- Improve your health and immune response
- Release negative emotion and increase core heart feelings
- Improve your concentration and mental clarity
- Develop a greater sense of inner guidance
- Experience yourself as a part of the One Life that we all share
Want to renew your life?
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights to master all your life challenges.
- Advance on a path of practical spirituality - being the difference you'd like to see in the world. The human heart made visible.
- Have personal support from your coach to make transitions that will fulfill your potential.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.