Secrets of Core Energy Meditation
By Kevin Schoeninger
In this article, I'll tell you how I discovered the secrets of Core Energy Meditation™. I'll describe the roots and development of this technique so you'll understand how and why it works. That information combined with the instructions in "Raise Your Vibration" will help you use Core Energy Meditation to realize your ideal possibilities.
The more you know about something, the more you believe in it, and the better it will work for you. Core Energy Meditation is designed to:
- Relax your body and boost your energy,
- Release negative emotions and increase your positive feeling,
- Clear and focus your mind, and
- Strengthen your sense of spiritual connection and life purpose.
Core Energy Meditation empowers you to shift your state of being and it gives you skills that will help you in all areas of your life. These include the ability to relax, concentrate, observe and detach from limiting thoughts and feelings, visualize, feel, and sense your inner guidance. As you develop these skills, you're better able to know "Who you are," "What you're here to do," and how to manifest that in the world now.
Core Energy Meditation is rooted in the energetic anatomy of qigong, the philosophy of Taoism and Kriya Yoga, the latest research in physics, biofeedback, and HeartMath™, and my interactions with countless teachers and students. From this complex web, Core Energy Meditation emerged as a universal and comprehensive system for personal growth and spiritual development. It is the most powerful transformational tool that I have found.
My journey with Core Energy Meditation began in the summer of 1984. I had just graduated from St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia and I was inspired by the idea of going on a backpacking trip out west. I was definitely a city-boy and hadn't done anything in the way of backpacking and had never been beyond the Mississippi.
For the month of August that year, I took a trip by car and foot through Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Wyoming. I explored the Canyonlands, the Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone National Park. What struck me most on that trip was the clear spacious sky (you can see for miles in that part of the country), the quiet, and the stillness. I absorbed those three qualities during that month.
I can remember quite distinctly what I felt as I sat on the plane flying home. I had an overwhelming feeling of contentment. I was completely peaceful, my mind was still, and I felt no attachment to anything. I was free. Out of that transcendent experience three things came clear:
- I discovered that such a state was possible,
- I found that I needed to take a break from my busy-ness to arrive at that state, and
- I wanted to stay in that state and find ways to reproduce it, deepen it, and expand it.
Coming back from my trip, I was in a new position of readiness to learn and grow. I was on the lookout for how to make that transcendent experience a part of my life. About a week after I returned a continuing education catalog arrived in the mail. Browsing through it, I came upon a class called T'ai Chi, a teacher named Andrew Heckert, and Secret #1...
I began T'ai chi that Fall of 1984. In T'ai Chi I learned to relax deeply and sense my internal energy. I began to learn about energetic anatomy and about daily practice. I discovered that, by doing something a little every day, I could learn a completely new skill and shift my life experience. I learned the first secret of mind-body training--the lower dantian, an energy center in my lower abdomen. T'ai chi taught me to focus on the lower dantian as a way to re-orient and develop my awareness. I learned to practice lower dantian breathing and to be more present and aware internally and externally.
I discovered that the lower dantian was part of an intricate set of energy centers, accupoints, and paths or meridians that circulated life-energy throughout my body. T'ai chi recognizes three main energy centers, the lower dantian or Body Center ( in the lower abdomen), the middle dantian or Heart Center (in the center of the chest), and the upper dantian or Mind Center (in the center of the brain). T'ai chi focuses on the abdominal energy center, the Body Center, to build presence and vitality.
I pursued the study of T'ai chi and the related practice of qigong meditation for the next twenty-five years. Through these practices, I learned to be aware of my posture and let go of tension. I learned to sense, gather, move, and store vital energy. I learned Secret #1: lower dantian breathing.
In 1998, a book called The HeartMath Solution was published. Though I had been exposed to heart-centered training in other disciplines, HeartMath hit the nail on the head. In HeartMath I discovered extensive research and solid practices for training the power of the heart. HeartMath research demonstrates that the electro-magnetic energy field of your heart is by far the strongest field generated in your body. It is up to 5000 times stronger than the field generated by your brain.
Furthermore, by generating core heart feelings in the space of your heart, you can dramatically shift your experience to the positive. Core heart feelings such as appreciation, gratitude, and trust bring your heart, your physiology, and your brain into synergy, so that your whole system works together. Your brain waves slow down, your heart-rate becomes more coherent, your respiration deepens, your digestion and immune response improves, and you have a general sense of positivity and well-being. You can learn to self-generate this state and use it to release negative emotions and solve challenges in your life.
Focus on your Heart Center with core heart feelings enables you to shift your energetic vibration to a positive state at will. This is Secret #2.
In 1994, I began training in the Reiki system of self-healing. During an initiation ceremony for this practice, I experienced a tingling sensation in the center of my brain. Over the course of the day, this tingling became stronger and stronger. It was as if the center of my brain, and then my upper brain, lit up with energy. To this day, whenever I focus on the center of my brain, that energetic sensation is there immediately. My Reiki instructors said that I was experiencing the opening of my higher brain centers, but they didn't have much more to say about it, so I began to investigate the meaning of this event.
In 1997, I was leafing through a magazine when I came upon an ad for a book by Roy Eugene Davis, a teacher in the Kriya Yoga tradition. The book was called Seven Lessons in Conscious Living. I felt a strong pull toward this book, like the feeling I had when I first saw the ad for T'ai chi. I knew this was something I needed to explore.
The Kriya Yoga tradition is a wholistic practice in that it involves your mind, body, energy system, diet, and meditation. However, the emphasis in Kriya Yoga practice is on developing the upper brain centers, the Mind Center. The fruit of Kriya Yoga practice is calming the nervous system and opening clear awareness. In that clear awareness you come to understand that you are an expression of the One Life that we all share.
In 2008, I discovered how to fine-tune the cues to develop the Mind Center. Dr. Les Fehmi of the Princeton Biofeedback Institute had found that through Open-Focus training you can develop an inner sense of space, silence, and timelessness which facilitates your experience of open, clear, spacious awareness. This diffuse immersed style of attention relieves stress and clears your Mind Center quickly and efficiently.
Through Reiki, Kriya Yoga, and Open-Focus training, I discovered how to energize, clear, and focus the Mind Center. This is Secret #3.
As a result of these journeys into the first three secrets, I was left with three distinct practices, each of which developed one aspect of my being. What I was looking for was a practice that tied it all together, that developed and integrated all three at once.
So I began to work these three practices into a logical sequence. I did qigong breathing to strengthen the vital energy of my Body Center, generated core heart feelings in my Heart Center, and focused into a sense of open, clear, spacious awareness in my Mind Center. To connect them together, I focused on a Central Channel running vertically through my body that connected these three. Opening and clearing this Central Channel is Secret #4.
As I was having good personal success with this sequence, I looked for a model to explain and teach it to others.
In Qigong, there was the energetic map of three energy centers and the Central Channel that connected them, but no formal practice which simply and directly worked this pattern. I realized that what I had discovered was an ideal way to work with the qualities of each energy center and a way to connect them through the Central Channel. Each of these features of your energetic anatomy adds a quality, a dimension to your energetic vibration: the Body Center adds strength and vitality, the Heart Center adds positive emotion, the Mind Center adds clarity, and the Central Channel adds coherence by connecting the energy centers together, so that you function as a synergistic whole.
As I worked this inner energetic template, I found myself expanding and integrating. I felt whole and well. I now had one practice that addressed each aspect of my being and integrated them energetically. Because this energetic template represents the core of who we are, I called the practice Core Energy Meditation™. In Core Energy Meditation you become aware of these four dimensions of your being and learn to use the sensing qualities of these four energetic features to guide your life. Through this practice you discover "who you are" and are able to discern "what you are here to do now."
The key to personal transformation is attentive daily practice. While you will likely feel relaxed and more at peace after a single practice session, significant and enduring transformation are the result of consistent practice over an extended period time.
I've also come to understand that you need a clear, simple, effective method if you are going to practice consistently. Without a good method you won't be able to focus your attention and get results.That is what Core Energy Meditation gives you--an efficient and effective way to develop your inner being. In as little as 20 minutes a day you can stimulate your growth as a whole person and improve the results you get in your life.
The second key to practicing daily is motivation. If you are going to do something every day, your "why" has to be strong. The final piece to this puzzle came together as I investigated my motivation for practicing.
Manifesting and the Law of Attraction
In order to understand why I was so passionate to discover the ideal meditation practice, I had to go back to my initial experiences on my trip out West. Back then, I was looking for a way to feel the vitality, well-being, freedom, and connection that I had experienced on that trip. I wanted a way to reproduce this experience at will, so that I could learn to live from that state. Intuitively, I knew that this was the key to realizing my ideal possibilities. Since then, I have learned the principle that explains why this is so.
In that past few years, "The Law of Attraction" has become a popular field of study. Basically, the Law of Attraction says that "energetic vibrations tend to attract like vibrations." We have learned that the key to success in all areas of life is to shift our vibration to match that which we desire. In other words, minding your inner state is the foundation for realizing your ideal possibilities.
Core Energy Meditation enables you to shift into a strong, positive, clear, and coherent energetic vibration or what I call a Core Energy State. In this state you connect deeply with your heart - "who you are" and your true purpose. You release your personal limits and are free to act with a greater sense of ease and purpose.
In the final stage of Core Energy Meditation you spend some time sensing, imagining, and feeling your ideal possibilities. You allow those possibilities to arise from the core of your being, you experience them as real here and now, and you listen for appropriate action.
Core Energy Meditation is a universal process to help you live the life you are meant to live. It will also enhance the effectiveness of any other therapy, personal growth technique, or spiritual practice. With consistent practice you can expect to:
- Reduce stress and increase your energy
- Improve your health and immune response
- Release negative emotion and increase core heart feelings
- Improve your concentration and mental clarity
- Develop a greater sense of inner guidance
- Experience yourself as a part of the One Life that we all share
Trans4mind Training is the help you need...
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.