How to Discover–and Achieve–Your Life Purpose
By Jeff Staniforth
Does it seem like your life consists of just "going with the tide" - and that you have no particular destination? Do you sometimes look at your life and ask, "Is this all there is?"
Does the pursuit of material things sometimes seem meaningless to you? Do you often feel as though life is passing you by? Is your time consumed by things that need to be done, rather than things that are important to you? Do people put demands and responsibilities on you that are opposed to what you want for your life? Have you been trying to live up to everyone else's expectations while your own plans and dreams go unfulfilled?
If you answered "Yes" to any or all of the above questions, you're not alone. It's so easy for any of us to get "caught up" in life that we forget how to truly live. There's more wisdom than meets the eye in John Lennon's famous saying: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
Frankly, life is too short for us to waste most of it on the acquisition of material things, in trying to impress people we care little about, and on things that will have little or no value to us when we look back on our lives during our golden years.
In keeping with the theme of this newsletter, I'm here to show you how to discover - and accomplish - your life's purpose through the use of affirmations. Your life's purpose may be defined as your personal mission, or your spiritual path, or the cause for which you live, or how you plan to make a difference, or what you want to leave behind after you're gone - or anything that's truly important to you.
Here are affirmations that will help you not only discover your life purpose, but also help get you deeply connected to your spiritual self:
- Each day my life is filled with wonders and magic.
- I feel my divine connection to everyone and everything.
- The light of God is guiding me in everything I do.
- Every step I take leads me toward my Life Purpose.
- I now surrender to the will of God.
- Divine guidance is with me always.
- I now let miracles happen.
- Divine wisdom unfolds within me now.
- I am now filled with the light and love of God.
- Everything I seek is seeking me now.
- I now call on the light of God to guide me.
- I am totally one with God.
- I choose to experience things that will reveal my true Life Purpose.
- I am now acting upon my Life Purpose with joy and passion.
- I now accept that my Life Purpose is to love myself and others.
- I am now free to do the things I love.
- I choose to do the things I love.
- I am fulfilled as a person.
- I am now clear on my goals and I have the strength to follow through on them.
- I am in a constant state of fulfillment.
- I am certain that my path is always perfect for me.
Choose the affirmations that feel appropriate to you. Feel free to create an affirmation that's suitable to you by asking yourself these questions: What do I want? And how will I know when I get it?
Those questions will put you on the right track to crafting life purpose affirmations that strike an emotional chord in you, or at least enable you to substitute words in any of the above affirmations with words that have special meaning to you. Affirmations have long been recognized as a powerful tool for manifesting desires. In fact, experts from all walks of life - from personal development coaches and sales professionals, to religious leaders and peak performance experts - promote the practice of affirmations.