Clarify Your Dreams and Transform Them to RealityI am Birgit Semundseth. This is my personal story...
I remember clearly that at the beginning I set a goal for myself: that one day I was going to get off the medicine and be healthy again! The first two years I tried "everything," and nothing happened... Clearly just setting a goal was not enough to make the difference I needed.
After 6 years I decided to take another approach and I put to use some of the scientifically proven methods of success that I had been learning about. One technique demanded that I create a clear image of the end result I wanted. I looked through lots of pictures and I found one that I adjusted a little bit! I cut out a picture of a woman's upper body and replaced her face with mine, so now it looked like I had a healthy throat again! Under the picture I wrote: "I am 100 % healthy!"
I placed the picture on my bedroom door, and I watched it both consciously and sub-consciously several times every day. After 5 months I felt very much better, so I reduced the medicine and then I quit - and this is now more than 2 years ago! I do not only manage without the medicine, I am as healthy as I used to be in my 20's.
When I remained healthy for over 6 months, I got the idea of putting together the methods that I had proven to work - so that all the people who want to create positive changes in their life will be able to benefit from them!
The American Society for Training and Development released this study on goal completion:
- Of people who consciously decide to set a goal, 25% achieve their goal.
- Of people who decide when they will do it, 40% achieve their goal.
- Of people who plan how they will do it, 50% achieve their goal.
- Of people who commit to someone else they will do it, 65% achieve their goal.
else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." —Jim Rohn
Success and making progress is all about making decisions, setting clear goals and plans for how to reach them. Clearly defined and powerful goals raise your consciousness and belief systems toward positive changes in your life. In spite of such proof of success, most people don't have clear, measurable, time-bounded goals to work toward.
In the bestseller "Goals!" Brian Tracy teaches you how to identify in the clearest terms the things you want out of life, then how to make the plan to help you achieve those things. Brian Tracy says there are four reasons why people don't set goals:
- They don't realize about the importance of goals. If the people with whom you spend the most time - family, friends, colleagues, and so forth - are not clear and committed to goals, there is a chance that you will not be, either.
- They don't know how to set goals. Some set goals that are too general. These are, in reality, fantasies common to everyone. Goals, on the other hand, are clear, written, specific, and measurable.
- They fear failure. Failure hurts, but it is often necessary to experience failure in order to achieve the greatest success. Do not unconsciously sabotage yourself by not setting any goals in which you might fail.
- They fear rejection. People are often afraid that if they are unsuccessful at achieving a goal, others will be critical towards them. This is one reason for keeping your goals to yourself and supportive persons. Let others see your results and achievements once you've accomplished your goals.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...