What Is Cloud Computing? With Example
The delivery of various services over the Internet is known as cloud computing. For a variety of reasons, including cost savings, enhanced productivity, better speed and more efficiency, excellent performance, and security, it is a popular choice among individuals and corporations.Servers, applications, data storage, development tools, networking capabilities, and other services or resources can all be provided via cloud computing. Companies that adapt to the latest digital trends in order to attract the best talent will not just survive, but also prosper, and Cloud computing certification courses can help you grab some of the best opportunities in the field of cloud computing.
There are various cloud computing models, such as:
- Public Cloud - A computing model in which a service provider makes resources available to the public over the internet. Storage capabilities, virtual machines, and applications are few examples of the resources that are provided. Public cloud enables scalability and sharing of resources that would be impossible for a single organization to accomplish otherwise.
- Private Cloud - Also known as internal or corporate clouds, private clouds are dedicated to a particular organization's needs and goals. When public clouds are deemed insufficient or inappropriate for a company's specific needs, private clouds are generally deployed.
- Hybrid Cloud - The integration of a private cloud with one or more public cloud services to give organizations additional benefits is known as a hybrid cloud. It provides organizations more control over their personal information as they can store sensitive data in a private cloud while taking advantage of a public cloud's processing power.
Cloud computing service models include:
- SaaS - Software as a Service model delivers application-based services over the Internet.
- PaaS - Platform as a Service model offers a platform to design and manage applications over the internet.
- IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service model offers servers, storage space and network on- demand over the internet.
Examples of Cloud Computing:
- Google Applications or G Suite
Google provides various Software as a Service applications, popularly known as G Suite. For example, Google Drive is a cloud based storage solution which lets the users share and access various files. Other well-known applications include gmail, google sheets, google docs, google calendar and many more.
Slack is a business communication platform that offers Software as a Service. Various features that are available include real-time messaging, archiving, file sharing, screen sharing, calling and many more. Connecting slack to platforms, like Zoom, Google Drive, Zendesk, etc., can help teams coordinate better.
- Microsoft Azure
Azure PaaS and Azure IaaS are both included in Azure SaaS. Azure IaaS includes servers, storage, networking, security, as well as firewalls. It also comprises the physical data centres where applications are hosted, with servers that reside on virtual machines. Azure offers five main platforms as a service, which includes web apps, mobile apps, logic apps, functions, and web jobs.
- SAP Business Objects
SAP is a software company that specializes in Business Intelligence. It is a Platform as a Service application for the creation of novel applications and for expanding the existing ones. It offers Cloud Pass, an open business platform, and allows the integration of Cloud and on-premise apps.
- Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services provides Infrastructure as a Service by offering database storage systems, content delivery, and computing power, among other services. It also offers a variety of services to assist you in developing innovative tools and applications with greater reliability, scalability and flexibility.
DigitalOcean is a cloud computing company, which provides software developers with an Infrastructure as a Service platform. You can manage security, databases and operating systems with it. DigitalOcean is popular among open source developers.
Cloud computing has the potential to have a huge global influence and cloud computing programs will help you gain hands-on understanding of cloud technologies. Its ability to let us share and access information has enhanced. Participants simply register for the service and can avail it via the internet. Everything from calendars to the to-do lists can be accessed at any time by any device that has an internet connection, and from any location. Furthermore, there is no need to download or install anything. There are various benefits of cloud computing and these benefits attract businesses, consumers, data analysts, financial institutions and cloud service providers.
1. What is XaaS?
XaaS is Everything as a Service or Anything as a Service and refers to a variety of services that are identified with remote access as well as cloud computing. XaaS is highly personalised, responsive, and data-driven. The data is generally controlled by the consumers.
2. Why should we use Cloud?
Some basic reasons for using cloud computing include:
- Better insights.
- Helps in collaboration.
- Offers flexible resources and economy of scale.
- Cost saving.
- Managing data.
- Automatic software updates.
- Better security.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...