Top 7 Professional and Gaming Laptop in 2023
It's common knowledge that the finest professional and gaming laptops have the processing muscle of a desktop yet the portability of a notebook computer.
The best professional and gaming laptops, however, not only keep their temperatures down so they can be used for extended periods, but also provide excellent visuals, screens, and performance at a reasonable cost.
We've tested a slew of professional and gaming laptops to determine the finest ones on the market, looking at how well they perform in comparison to their advertised specifications, how well they handle the heat, and how much bang for the buck they give.
That's right, now more than ever you can take your PC professional and gaming with you everywhere you go, and we've got all the best models for you to choose from.
Listed below are our top picks for the top 07 professional and gaming laptops currently available and other features to help you select the perfect machine for your needs and budget.
1. Asus ROG Strix Scar 16
Our current favorite professional and gaming laptop is the Asus ROG Strix Scar 16, which has surpassed the Razer Blade 15 (still mentioned below). You can throw anything at it, and it will fly through everything, albeit it won't reach the dizzying heights of other premium RTX 40-Series systems.
Although its framerates weren't as high as those of the ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 mentioned below, you also won't have to fork over an extra grand to have a flashy second screen you might never use. Furthermore, with consistent triple-digit framerates in Ultra settings across taxing games, there's no denying the barebones power of this computer.
- Processor: i9-13980HX by Intel
- Compute Unit: RTX 4080 | RTX 4090
- Memory: 16GB / 32GB
- Capacity: 2 terabytes PCL 4.0 M.2 SSD
- Screen Size (16 Inches): QHD+ Mini LED (240Hz) | 16 Inch (240Hz) IPS
- New heights were reached in the classic RGB color scheme
- The Intel i9 is a musical genius.
- The display is sharp, bright, and has great contrast.
- Framerates in the triple digits at Ultra settings
- The return of side ports
- Not everyone will like a see-through aesthetic.
- The trackpad is a bit soft and clumsy.
2. Dell G15
The Dell G15 isn't going to set the world on fire when compared to the best professional and gaming laptops, but it's a solid option nonetheless. All the features we've come to expect from professional and gaming laptops are present and accounted for, except that the bank-busting price tag and performance in both gaming and regular chores are good for the price. RTX 3050 and RTX 3050 Ti graphics cards are commonly included in sales of these models.
When playing more graphically intensive games, the G15 becomes rather warm, but not to an alarming degree; we've evaluated laptops with noisier fans.
- Central Processing Unit: Intel Core i5-12500H or i7-12700H
- GPU: up to an Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti
- Memory: 32GB or more
- SSD storage of up to 1TB
- 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) 240 Hz+ display
- Strong showing
- Reasonable Cost
- Now more potent setups are available.
- Turns heated under pressure
- The chassis might use some work.
3. Alienware Aurora 2019
If you're ready to ramp up your professional and gaming experience, theAlienware Aurora 2019 is the PC for you. It's a great option for competitive gamers that demand top-tier performance thanks to its robust hardware and modifiable layout. It's the first Alienware desktop PC to run Windows 10, and it has a 17.3-inch, 5K, 60Hz Liquid-crystal display (LCD). Furthermore, the aurora has a distinctive appearance that is difficult to miss.
The NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti graphics card is what sets apart the brand-new Alienware Aurora 2019 from the competition. The performance of this card is top-notch for its pricing point. The Alienware Aurora 2019 Aurora was equipped with two separate fans. In addition, the Alienware Graphics Amplifier (abbreviated "GA") enables 4K resolution at 60 fps, 120 fps, and virtual reality (VR).
- Processor: Intel Core i7, 9th generation
- Graphics processing unit: NVIDIA RTX 2070
- Memory: GDDR6 8GB
- ROM: Solid-State Drive (SSD) Capacity 4GB
- Time to Process: 4.7 GHz
- Numerous playable customizations and features.
- A power-saving graphics adapter
- Simple and elegant.
- The cost may be too high for some customers.
- It can reportedly get very hot, according to users.
4. Asus TUF Dash F15
By reducing its processing power, the Asus TUF Dash F15 can offer stunning visuals at a considerably more affordable MSRP. No of the setup, you'll be stuck with the same i7-11370H CPU, but it does the job without a hitch in everyday play at medium settings. In addition, you'll take home a 240Hz monitor, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB solid-state drive with this configuration.
The Asus TUF Dash F15 is the greatest option available. Even though it has a less powerful 4-core i7-11370H CPU, our benchmarks show that this cheap computer can handle even the most taxing games as if it were priced much higher. In addition, the incredibly sleek design that has been standard in the previous several years is still yours to enjoy. It is one of the 44Hz laptops on our list.
- Processing Unit: i5-11300H; i7-11370H; i7-11375H
- Video Processing Unit: RTX 3050 | RTX 3050 Ti | RTX 3060 | RTX 3070
- Memory: 16GB / 32GB
- Memory: 512GB & 1TB of Storage
- Screen: Full HD @ 60Hz, 144Hz, and 240Hz display
- Fantastic Deals
- Modestly sized
- Strong showing
- Membrane-keyed softness
5. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
For a long time, the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 was the undisputed king of ultraportable professional and gaming laptops. It was one of the first portable computers, having a compact design that didn't sacrifice functionality for portability. The year 2022 ushers in a new AMD era for this fan favorite, and while there are still some issues with thermals and ray tracing being throttled, the G14 is remarkable all the same.
After all, that's a lot of muscle for such a little design, and we also coaxed some respectable performance figures from it. Even though it seems more at home at 1080p (framerates drop off a cliff at the native QHD+ resolution), we were achieving impressive results in Fire Strike and in-game benchmarks.
- Processor: Ryzen 6900HS
- Memory (RAM): 32GB DDR5
- Keeping Data: 1TB NVMe SSD
- Rendering Time: 120 Hz
- Simple, minimalistic style
- Fabulous 16:10 aspect ratio
- Superior audio quality
- Quick microprocessor
- Low heat retention
- Performance is severely impacted by ray tracing.
6. Razer Blade 15
You'll have to shell out a lot of cash, but you'll be getting the greatest 15.6-inch professional and gaming laptop available right now. If you can afford it, we recommend upgrading to the RTX 3080 Ti GPU, i9-12900H processor, and 144Hz 4K monitor listed at the top of this spec.
Of course, there are cheaper models available, but this is where you should begin your comparisons if we're talking about the very best. The price tag may seem steep, but if you're in the market for very portable, technologically advanced equipment, it's money well spent.
- Processor: i7-12800H / i9-12900H
- Compute Unit: RTX 3060 | RTX 3070 Ti | RTX 3080 Ti
- Memory: 16GB / 32GB
- Data Storage: 1 Terabyte Solid-State Drive
- Compact design concealing potent internals
- Superb hues and contrast, overall.
- Superb craftsmanship combined with a posh aesthetic.
- The parts from last year
7. MacBook 12in M7
The Macbook 12in M7 portability far exceeds even the most optimistic predictions. Modern butterfly switch keys, a beautiful retina display, a force touch trackpad, lightning-fast battery charging technology, plenty of storage space, and a sleek design make the MacBook a superb investment.
Apple designed the Macbook 12in M7 to appear and feel like an iPad because no one likes carrying around a heavy laptop. Silver, gold, and space gray are the three colors available for Apple's sleek and fashionable MacBook.
- Screen: Retina Display at 12 inches in size (2304 x 1440 pixels)
- Processor: 1.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core M7
- Graphics Engine: Intel HD 615
- Random Access Memory (RAM): 8GB or 16GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
- Storage space: 512 GB on a PCIe SSD.
- Dimensions: 11.04 inches in width; 7.74 inches in depth; 0.52 inches in height.
- This 12-inch retina display is amazing.
- Excellent Mouse and Keyboard Set
- Several input/output connections
- Power retention is superb.
- It's more convenient to have a big screen.
- A ten-key keyboard is inadequate in comparison to a standard-size keyboard.
We recommend going for a system that strikes a good balance between current and future needs in terms of performance, cost, and components. This way, you may enjoy all of the games you love without having to worry about missing out on anything exciting.
What do you do first while looking for the finest laptop for professional gaming? You can begin by setting a maximum price point or budget, but it is common sense to put the machine's hardware first.
If you've found yourself here, chances are you're in the market for a portable professional and gaming powerhouse and have your sights set on a graphics processing unit (GPU) from Nvidia's RTX series of cards, and don’t forget about 44 HZ Laptop.