Top 5 Key Test Automation Tools
In today’s world, everything needs testing and processing to overcome the hindrances faced at the later period. To have a perfect and symbolized software in nature, testing its each process and stage is the crucial part indeed. Here is where the Test Automation Tool plays an important role in identifying, processing and overcoming the difficulty or any mistake to be rectified for the better usage of the software by the end user.
In this blog, we will understand what Test Automation Tool and its different tools used in the software development process.
What is a Test Automation Tool?
Test Automation Tool is a tool that helps the organization or the team to automate their software testing needs and wants and which indeed reduces the human need. It is the implementation of automatically validating and reviewing a product of the software, for example, a web application to make sure that it meets the pre-planned quality standards of the user's experience, code style and the functionality of the business.
Test Automation Tools:
The Automation Testing Tools are designed in such a way to vary the functional and/ or non-functional needs and requirements through the test scripts that are automated. Evaluation strategy is a key for setting a clear-cut automation tool for meeting the standards of software testing.
There are many automation tools in the market, but the top most rated Test Automation Tools are listed below:
- Katalon Studio
Now, let us understand each of the tool in detail:-
The one and only continuous testing platform that is cloud based which seamlessly operates API and web testing without writing a single line of code. Accelq is used by almost all sizes of the IT Teams for test generation, execution, planning and test design where the acceleration of automating critical aspects of the software lifecycle.
- Lowest maintenance with fastest Test Automation Development
- API, Web, Desktop and Mobile Automated in the same flow
- Zero Programming and Visual Application Model for Business Process Validation
Katalon Studio is a scalable and low – code automation testing tool for different applications such as desktop (window), API, mobile and web. Currently, there are more than 1 Million users who have been outshined by the Katalon Community and over 100,000 businesses trust Katalon as the best automation solution for them.
Users after downloading the tool can solely focus on testing as the requirement of building a test automation framework and coding from square one has been removed. In addition to this, the studio also often offers releases to stay amicable and compatible with the latest platforms and browsers.
- Detailed explanation in the video tutorials about the tools documentation available in the Katalon Academy.
- Automatic perks which helps in retrying failed tests, Self-healing mechanism and Smart wait.
- For testing design, flexible methods are made in use such as the Manual method, Record and playback, or even the scripting mode.
Selenium Webdriver is a structural framework that is designed for automation testing. It allows testing across various browsers. It can execute multiple tests over multiple browsers on multiple OS (Operating System).
Selenium Webdriver can test dynamic websites where the content of pages changes by a mouse click and is also very useful in designing multiple programming languages to create the test scripts.
- Selenium Webdriver has an Multi-Browser compatibility
- It is developed with speed and immediate performance basis compared to other tools.
- It reduces the test execution time which makes the execution faster and more reliable.
Similar to Selenium, Appium is also an open source automation testing tool, but it is mainly used for mobile applications. User’s are allowed to write automated UI tests USING Appium for hybrid, native and web-based applications on both iOS and Android.
- Reusable test scripts by Cross-platform testing, and same APIs
- Real emulators, devices and simulators are crossly executed.
Testing for web, desktop or mobile applications, Test Complete is the best way to perform the automated functionalUI testing mode. Test Complete can identify and handle dynamic UI elements in most of the technologies with the help of the build-in-support for the third party frameworks and also more than 500+ controls.
- Cross-device, Cross-browser and parallel testing.
- For testing design, flexible methods are made in use such as the Manual method, Record and playback, or even the scripting mode with the feature of built-in-keyboard.
- Popular CI/CD tools are integrated.
- Server responses, timer, network traffic and functional behaviour are thoroughly managed and controlled.