10 Tips for Growing Your TikTok Followers
TikTok is a popular mobile app that allows you to make and share short videos. You can also use the app to connect with other TikTokers, which makes it an ideal place to meet new people while growing your social media presence. The following tips will help you get started on TikTok and grow your followers:
Set up an awesome profile.
People will first see your profile when they visit your channel. It's important to create a unique and authentic profile for you, but also has room for growth as your TikTok career grows. Here are some tips for making sure that happens:
- Use a profile picture that looks like you. Your followers want to see themselves in the content they watch on TikTok, so make sure your picture reflects who you really are--not just what other people think of as "cool."
- Create an amazing cover photo! This is another great opportunity for branding purposes; if someone sees something they like in one of your cover photos (like perhaps a cute animal), then they'll be more likely to check out other things from that creator in the future! If possible, try adding text over these images so it appears professional without being too complicated or distracting from whatever else is going on with each post (see below).
- Keep the text on your profile short and sweet. If you're using a photo for your cover image, then it's a great idea to put some text over that picture--but be careful not to make it too long or complicated! Keep in mind that TikTok users are scrolling through hundreds of posts at once, so keep things short and simple so they don't get distracted by reading all of your details before they've even seen your video content.
Create a good username.
Your username is one of the most important parts of your TikTok profile. It's what people will see first, so it needs to be unique and memorable. Here are some tips for creating a good username:
- Make sure your username isn't too long or complicated; you'll want it to fit in one line with no spaces, so keep it short and simple!
- Don't use numbers or special characters (like ! or @). These can make it difficult for people who aren't familiar with TikTok to find you when searching for something specific on their feed. Also, avoid using profanity in any way--this includes using words like "shit" or "damn," which will get filtered out anyway by the app itself before being posted publicly! And finally...don't use any part of your real name as part of yours just because they sound cool together--it'll just confuse everyone trying 2 find u later :)
Create quality content.
- Use good lighting. Lighting is one of the most important things to consider when creating content, especially if you want to make sure that it looks good and professional. Make sure you're using a stable stand or tripod, and use natural light as much as possible!
- Use a high-quality camera and microphone. You don't need to spend thousands on equipment (unless you have money to burn), but having higher quality gear will make all the difference in how professional your videos look--and TikTok users love watching content created by people who take their work seriously!
- Edit your videos with editing software such as Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 so that they look polished before posting them online!
- Use the right camera and microphone. Using a smartphone or tablet's built-in camera can be fine for simple videos, but it doesn't really give you much control over the quality of your content. If you want to create high-quality content that looks professional, using an external camera and microphone is essential!
Be active and interactive.
It's important to be active and interactive on TikTok. You need to use your video's comment section or post as much as possible to do this.
- Comment on other users' videos in a positive way. You can also comment if you like something they did in their video or if they said something funny that they might not have realized was funny (but you thought it was).
- Comment on your own posts when they're published so people know that someone has seen them! This will help boost engagement with others who may want to subscribe because of how well-known your username is across TikTok itself--and even outside of TikTok itself!
- Give shoutouts/shutdowns where appropriate as well; this will get people talking about what happened between two different groups within the app's community (e.g., "I'm giving @famousname1234567891099999kudos because she made me laugh so hard while watching her latest video!").
Use hashtags to boost your visibility.
- Use hashtags that are relevant to your content. Don't just use any hashtag, but consider the relevance of each one before you add it to your video.
- Use hashtags with high engagement rates. You want to make sure that people see and engage with your content, so look for hashtags with a high number of impressions or interactions per post--it's better for them if they're already engaging with similar content!
- Choose popular keywords in your niche and include them in the title or description of a video (or both). This will help increase its visibility on TikTok's search results page and get more views from other users who may be interested in what you're posting!
Be consistent with posting frequency.
Another one of the top reasons people follow you on TikTok is consistency. This means posting at least once daily but not much more than that. If you're a new account and don't have many followers, it's okay to post every few hours or even multiple times in one day for a week or two as long as you aren't spamming your feed with content that doesn't make sense together. But after that initial burst of activity, try to stick with regular posting schedules so that people know when they can count on seeing something from you again! Cloud-based software can help you schedule and automate your TikTok posts, ensuring consistent and timely content delivery to your followers.
Here are some tips for staying consistent:
- Don't post too much (more than once per hour). This can get annoying for viewers who want fresh content--and it will also burn through your daily upload limit quickly if several videos are being shared simultaneously by different accounts managed by one person!
- Don't post too little either...but if this happens often enough because they're working full-time jobs while trying their best not to miss any days due to their busy schedule, then maybe skip doing things like editing videos beforehand instead of just uploading raw footage straight away instead?
Mention and collaborate with other TikTokers.
When you mention other TikTok users in your videos and invite them to collaborate, it's a great way to build a relationship with them.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to grow your audience on TikTok by collaborating with other influencers.
Using the hashtag #IWantToCollaborate on your videos will show up in TikTok’s search results. When other influencers see this hashtag, they may be interested in collaborating with you.
Collaborating with other influencers allows your audience to see more of your content. If they like what they see, they may want to follow both of you on TikTok.
Share your TikTok with other platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
As you grow your TikTok following, sharing your videos on other platforms like Instagram and Facebook is important. You can use hashtags in the post title or description to help people find your video.
You can share the same username across all of these platforms, but if that seems confusing for followers following you on multiple social media sites, consider using different usernames for each platform instead.
If sharing TikTok videos through personal profiles is part of your strategy (for example, if you're trying to build an audience), make sure that any posts containing content from third-party apps have been approved by those apps' creators before posting them publicly!
Don't overuse emojis and text overlays on your videos.
Emojis and text overlays are a great way to add emotion to your videos but don't overdo it. Emojis can be distracting when overdone and detract from your content's quality. When you use them sparingly, however, they can help add personality and authenticity to your TikToks--and that's what people want!
If you decide to use emojis in some of your videos (which we encourage), make sure they're relevant or funny enough that the viewer doesn't notice them before they get distracted by something else on the screen.
Use TikTok's editing tools to enhance your videos.
TikTok is a video-sharing platform that allows you to create short videos and share them with the world. There are many ways to grow your followers on TikTok, but one thing that will definitely help you gain more followers is using the editing tools available in the app. You can use these features to enhance your videos and make them stand out by adding personality, music, text, and graphics. Just like how TikTok offers various editing tools, there are also hosting options like Wpengine alternatives that provide similar features for website management and customization.
Here are some tips for using TikTok's editiWP Engine alternativesng tools:
- Use filters! Filters add a bit of personality to your videos by changing their look or feel depending on what kind of mood you're in (or want people watching them) at any given time. For example: maybe you want something more playful. Or maybe something darker? Filters come in all shapes and sizes, so there's bound to be something perfect for whatever mood strikes next!
- Add audio effects! Audio effects let users manipulate sounds within their clips by changing things like pitch or volume levels which allows users full control over how they experience auditory stimuli within their own personal creative space."
If you're not a natural comedian and don't have the gift of gab, don't try to become one. Don't try to imitate someone else or do what they are doing. Just be yourself and let your personality shine through in your videos.
Don't try to be funny on TikTok (or any other social media platform) if you're not funny. People can tell when someone is trying too hard--it's obvious even if we don't want it to be! If you think about what makes YOU laugh and share those things with others via TikTok, chances are good that people will also enjoy watching them!
Create content that is relevant to your audience.
TikTok is a social media platform, but it's also a video-sharing app. Since TikTok was designed for teenagers and young adults, it's important that you create content that is relevant to your audience.
In order to grow your followers on TikTok, you need to create engaging and entertaining videos. You can do this by uploading short clips with funny filters or edits in them; including emojis or text overlays; asking viewers questions at the end of each video; posting memes that relate back to something happening currently in pop culture; using hashtags related to trending topics (e.g., #musicvideo).
Ultimately, growing your TikTok followers aims to build an audience that will engage with your content and help you achieve your goals. Whether you're looking to grow a brand or promote a product, there are plenty of ways to do so on TikTok. The key is understanding what type of content works best for each platform and knowing how to get people's attention in order for them to follow along with your stories!