How to Speed Up Android Phone Internet
Technological innovations have led to the development of android phones with functionality the same as a mini-computer. However, just like the standard PCs, Android phones suffer from low internet connectivity due to having little storage space, running too many applications or programs, aging battery, using an outdated OS, and so forth. This issue requires immediate interventions to be taken to get the smartphone back to a normal functioning state.
In most scenarios, slow internet issues are just temporarily due to network congestion or location factor. But if your smartphone consistently takes forever to load, it means finding the fastest possible internet speeds on your device is essential than ever. Notably, downloading video games, streaming movies, or installing an operating system may result in reduced internet speeds in your general internet use.
Moreover, when you are busy getting tasks done, but your android smartphone runs very slowly, takes a long time to respond, or lags, there is a red flag that needs to get fixed as soon as possible. You need to know how to speed up android phone internet before you escalate the issue to your mobile carrier technical team.
Why Is My Phone So Slow On The Internet?
Smartphone’s, like any other tech device, start to degrade on performance after a while. There are numerous reasons why android phones experience lagging, some of which get resolved relatively quickly while others need sophisticated processes to fix the slow internet issues.
Most importantly, upgrading to a newer phone model is the ideal solution for older gadgets. However, the common causes for slow android internet connection include;
- Low data or wifi connection
- Outdated software and apps
- Power-hungry apps
- Too many active apps or tabs
- Low storage space
You can try out the provided solutions in this article to address how to make your internet faster, and first, see if they will work out better on your slow mobile internet issues.
How to Make Your Mobile Data Faster
1) Activate and Deactivate Airplane Mode
The above is the fastest and easiest way you can use to improve your internet speeds. The same way you restart your phone, switching Airplane Mode on or off can be a great way of enhancing your device's internet speeds.
What happens, Airplane Mode puts off your phone's wireless functioning that is, your wifi connection and mobile data. You can turn it on, and then disable it, and see if your internet improves any faster. If the speeds increase, you would have achieved your internet speed high on your phone, leading to seamless cellular connectivity.
2) How do you activate Airplane Mode on Android?
This mechanism depends on the type of Android device you possess, which means the process may differ slightly in each android phone model. Generally, you can swipe your screen downwards from the upside to see your basic settings. Then, you can tap the airplane icon to activate airplane mode and deactivate it as well.
3) Reset Your Network Settings
If you're continually experiencing slow web speeds, your settings may require checking. You can go into Settings and look for Mobile Network Settings. The exact name of the menu varies from device to device, and you need to ensure that your phone connection is to the right type of network and that there is no restriction to 3G only.
Most phones run on GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks in most areas around the globe, so try these first. If they fail to work, some devices can automatically search networks, which is always a plus.
Alternatively, if you register on a 4G network in a very congested area, sometimes the connection struggles to handle all the traffic. In such cases, going to a less-crowded 3G network may significantly speed things up. Moreover, resetting your network configurations returns your phone's internet combination to its default states, enabling your device to start from scratch.
Consequently, you can select 4G or 3G depending on your situation and get prepared to re-enter your saved wifi passwords and other saved details since they'll all get cleared during the reset.
4) How do you reset your network settings on Android?
The process of resetting your network settings on Android varies depending on which device you have. You can try finding the exact name in the settings search bar if you fail to see it.
- Go to your Settings menu and tap System. It may display as General Management on other Android phones.
- Open Advanced.
- Choose Reset options/ Reset network settings.
- Open Reset wifi, mobile & Bluetooth
- Touch Reset settings at the bottom of the screen and then hit to confirm.
5) Find the Top Mobile Data–Draining Apps
Heavy data-consuming apps can greatly siphon your unlimited internet plans for home unnoticed. Many apps stay active in the background, even when not using data along with system resources, storage space, and bandwidth. Below is how to identify the data-hungry apps secretly draining your data.
6) How do you find data-draining apps on Android?
- Go to Settings and select Network & Internet. Then tap Mobile network.
- Open App data usage.
- Use the drop-down icon to choose the period you need to see data usage, such as the past month.
- Move down to see your top data-hungry apps.
- When in a data connection, you can manage using these apps so often. However, many apps run in the background, even whether you are using them or not. So, you need to know how to disable background apps below.
7) Turn Off Inactive Background Apps and Programs
You can control apps from working in the background and draining your phone's data, battery life, and other resources to speed up your connection.
8) How do you disable background apps on Android?
Most of the latest Android smartphones come optimized to prevent background apps' functionality. In contrast, some other older android apps may still need to run in the background to keep on their functionality.
You can disable Android apps at Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > App data usage. You need to open an app at a time, then slide the Background data bar off to block that app from consuming data in the background.
9) Clear the Cache on Your Mobile Browser
Often, filling up the cache memory in the browser may lead to low speeds on your phones. Therefore, must clear the cache memory to boost you mobile internet speed. A full browser cache won't just affect your smartphone internet speed, but it can adversely impact your overall performance.
10) How Do You Clear Your Cache On Android?
- Go to Chrome/ Browser, hit the three dots located on the top-right, and choose History from the menu.
- Hit Clear browsing data
- Tap All Time from the Time range drop-down menu.
- Ensure the box for Cached images and files gets ticked and then hit Clear data.
- Tap to confirm when the confirmation box appears.
If you are an Android user, there is something to smile about, knowing how to speed up internet connectivity on your smartphone. The steps discussed here will increase your internet speeds and improve your device's overall performance.
If your mobile data is sluggish, you can adopt any of the listed mechanical to troubleshoot and fix your problems with no sweaty effort.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...