Block Instagram App: Parental Control for iPhone, Android, and PC
Admit you've lost hours of your life scrolling through Instagram, fascinated by your friends' never-ending stories, photos, and videos. And to make matters worse, this Instagram addiction has started affecting your productivity and mental wellness. What is more, IG consumes our lives and steals our valuable time. The obsession with following others' stories and posts has reached such a height that individuals search for the ultimate Instagram private account viewer to peek into the private lives of others.
So, where is the privacy we deserve? It's time to take action. Just block Instagram on your computer or phone and put off the source of endless scrolling. Allow yourself to live in the moment, connect with real people, and find joy in the little things!
How to Prevent Instagram Access on an iPhone?
If you have a love-hate relationship with Insta but spend hours mindlessly scrolling through your feed, it may be time to discover how to block Instagram on iPhone. Here are two ways you can follow to get rid of this bad habit:
Stop Running the App with a Downtime Schedule
Did you know that using the Downtime Schedule feature on your iPhone is the simplest method to block Instagram on your phone? Moreover, the process won't take more than a few minutes of your time, but how much it will have in feature!... Here's how it works:
- Take your iPhone and open the "Settings" option on it.
- Click on "Screen Time."
- Tap "Downtime."
- Choose the "Scheduled" option, and select the time limits for "Downtime Schedule."
- Don't forget to click "Every Day" to ensure your Instagram addiction is controlled 24/7.
After completing these 5 steps, Insta will remain blocked until your Downtime Schedule concludes.
Restrict Usage on Instagram by Setting App Limits
Fear not if social media steals too much of your time and energy! There's a simple and effective solution - setting app limits. It will help you regain control of your Instagram usage. Here's how to turn it in:
- Take your iPhone and go to "Settings."
- Find the "Screen Time" tab and tap it.
- Select "App Limits."
- Click the "Add Limit" button and choose the "Social" category.
- Find the Instagram icon and tap it.
- Click "Next" at the top-right corner.
- Now, for fun, set a timer for your app limit.
- Click the "Add" button. You are now in total control of your Instagram usage.
Remember that once your time limit on Instagram is finished, it will block the Instagram app usage. Don't worry, though. You can permanently remove this limit by returning to the settings and deleting the app limit. Take back control of your Insta game and enjoy a more balanced digital lifestyle.
How to Block Instagram App on Android Devices?
If iOS is not what runs your phone and you need instructions on how to block Instagram on Android, search no less. Here is an ultimate guide for you:
Use Digital Wellbeing App to Prohibit Instagram Usage
Get rid of your kid's bad habit of scrolling through Instagram for hours with Digital Wellbeing. Here's how to use it to block Insta addiction:
- Move to the Google Play app store, find the "Digital Wellbeing" app, and download it.
- Open it and navigate to the "Dashboard."
- Check out the list of apps, find IG there, and tap on it.
- Select "Set App Timer" and choose how long you want to allow one to use Instagram.
- Confirm your action with the "OK" button.
So, whether you're exhausted from your kid's endless Instagram scrolling or want to avoid social media before bedtime, Digital Wellbeing is here to help. This app will ensure they don't waste away their days staring at the phone screen and, instead, enjoy every moment spent offline!
Restrict Instagram Access on Google Play Store
The other way to stop IG from taking over your kid's Android device is to use the Google Play Store Restrictions. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to "Google Play" on your Android device.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Go to "Settings," followed by "Family."
- Find "Parental Controls" and activate this option.
- Set a pin for "Parental Controls."
- Scroll through the list of apps and find Instagram.
- Work your magic by deciding what type of content you wish to restrict.
You can also use Google Play Store privacy restrictions on other mobile apps, games, music, and movies.
How to Block Instagram on Your Windows Computer?
Are you looking to curb your social media addiction and reduce the time spent scrolling through Instagram on your computer? Fear not! Here are some fail-proof methods to tell you how to block Instagram on computer and reclaim your productivity.
Block Instagram via Host Files
Host files are special files that translate long and complex domain names into easily readable IP addresses. Don't worry if this sounds complicated - we'll guide you through the process of how to block Instagram on your Windows computer:
- Head to the search bar in the bottom-left corner of your screen and type in "Notepad."
- Click "Run as administrator."
- Copy and paste this command "c:\windows\system32\drivers" into your file explorer.
- Finally, double-click the "hosts" file to open it up for editing.
- Scroll down and add this line of code: "127.0.0.1 www.instagram.com."
- Go to the "File" tab and choose "Save".
And there you have it! With these easy steps, you can block Instagram app on your computer and any other distracting websites that are keeping you from being your most productive self.
Apply Group Policy Settings to Block Instagram App
Meet the other way to block Instagram app on your Windows computer - Group Policy settings. Follow these simple instructions to make it start running:
- Open the search bar and type in "gpedit."
- Click on "Edit Group Policy."
- Go to "User Configuration" and click "Policies."
- Next, go to "Internet Explorer Maintenance," located in "Window Settings."
- Click on "Security," followed by "Security Zones and Content Ratings."
- Go on to the "Import the current Content Ratings" settings.
- To modify the settings, select "Modify Settings."
- Under "Approved Sites," find "Instagram" and click on "Allow this website."
- Select "Never" to ensure that Instagram is permanently blocked on your Windows computer.
You can also use Group Policy settings can also be used to block websites that you don't want your children to access.
Is it possible to block Instagram by device?
It's a separate process for each gadget. Some methods target applications exclusively, while alternative approaches block specific websites only. Therefore, if you want to block Instagram on all your devices, you must follow the instructions for a particular category of gadget you use.
I need to restrict access to Instagram on my child's phone. Can I do it?
Sure. You can use Set Google Play Store to quickly set up parental control that blocks explicit and inappropriate content. Top it off with the Digital Wellbeing app to keep abreast of which apps and websites your child frequently visits, and even set daily usage limits or block specific websites (the ones that contain harmful, adult content) for extra peace of mind.
What is the reason that Instagram does not work on my computer?
There may be several reasons this social media does not work on your computer. First, your IP address may have raised some flags as an open proxy, someone has deliberately blocked access to your IG, or the social media is blocked in the country of your residence. Don't worry. There are ways to overcome this problem.