How Mobile App, AR & Wearables Provide a Better Learning Experience in Schools?
For some years, in many financially affluent parts of the globe, school education is increasingly getting hi-tech thanks to the role of mobile apps, Augmented Reality (AR), and wearable technologies. Well, this is bound to happen as all these technologies already showcased immense potential in helping learners learn quickly and better. In contrast to traditional learning environments, these technologies are also ensuring better learner engagement.
Here we are going to explain the role of these technologies on the modern learning experience.
The Role of Mobile Apps in Learning
It all began with mobile apps, and hence they deserve to be discussed first. Yes, mobile apps still hold together most of the advanced technologies utilized in modern learning environments. Here are some of the key ways the mobile app's role for improved learning experience can be explained.
- Interactive Learning: Mobile apps by creating highly interactive content for young learners, make the learning experience fun. Thanks to the inclusion of Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and 3D graphics, learners now can engage with the learning process more easily.
- Effortless Learning: Consider the plethora of apps with an interactive and collaborative approach to making users learn difficult skills without much effort and sweat. For example, just by answering quizzes, you can learn the basics of a foreign language in less than six weeks, thanks to language learning mobile apps.
- Flexible Learning: Mobile learning knows no boundary of time and space. You can pick your preferred app, choose your subject, and continue to practice and complete levels at your own pace without feeling time and duration constraints.
- Continuous Value Addition: The mobile apps in the learning process can greatly contribute through continuous updates and feedback. As learners provide feedback and new approaches and technologies evolve, they can be integrated with new apps' updates.
- Customized Learning Experience: The highly customized anywhere-anytime learning experience of mobile apps offer students and learners great freedom to take their courses at their own pace. Customized learning experience helps them to make their own choices of subjects, topics, and specialties.
- Breaking the Barrier of Offline and Online: Mobile apps in the classroom education environments are increasingly breaking the barriers between offline and online education. With mobile app-based tools increasingly becoming part and parcel of modern classrooms, the so-called division between offline and online education is fading away.
Wearables for The Improved Learning Experience
Hi-tech wearable gadgets have not just penetrated our daily lives as health trackers and calorie tracking footwear. These wearables are increasingly becoming parts of modern learning environments. With the students sporting wearables like smartwatches and smart trackers, the learning communication and collaboration tend to get swifter than ever before.
Here we explain some ways wearables are making a big impact in shaping the learning experience.
- Physical Education and Sports Coaching: Exercises and sports are serious career components of athletes and students trying to make their place in a school football team. For them, the smartwatches and fitness trackers brought a new and innovative way to stay motivated and chase new fitness goals.
- Emphasizing Nutrition: Students, whether in sports or are preparing for higher studies, need a consistent supply of vital nutrients. Although students are more vulnerable to the lack of nutritional care, wearable devices and their connected apps can significantly track nutritional value and suggest the best food habits.
- Collecting Vital Data: Certain students undergoing special medical attention or requiring more physical care can find wearables helpful. Wearables constantly collecting real-time data can sensitize guardians and teachers for taking appropriate measures.
Augmented Reality (AR) for An Enhanced Learning Experience
Augmented Reality (AR) offering a new way to blur the dividing line between actual and digital reality can enhance the learning experience to several notches. Whether it is the 3D game or an interactive mobile game involving real-life movement and digital interactions, AR can greatly improve the learning experience.
In some countries where the adoption of technologies for education is speeding up, AR-based apps started to enter classrooms. For example, app developers in India already implemented Augmented Reality (AR) into several major learning apps. The adoption of AR-based apps for improved and engaging learning experience will continue to grow in the years to come.
Here are some of the ways AR can enhance the learning experience.
- By mitigating the difference between virtual and real-life actions, AR ensures the optimum engagement of students.
- AR, by offering 3D graphics, helps in the development of spatial skills.
- AR multimedia helps the learning of critical subjects such as anatomy, architecture, GEO-physics, etc.
- AR-based interactive replicas of historical objects, geographical elements, and learning tools can make learning more engaging.
All three technologies have already penetrated modern classrooms and educational environments. While mobile apps have become commonplace in classrooms and online learning, wearables are fast becoming irreplaceable and Augmented Reality (AR) is enhancing the learning experience more than ever before. Together, these three technologies are paving the way for hi-tech learning and transforming the education sector as a whole.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...