How to Invest in Website Development
for Business Success?
A website is the address of your business in the online world. Can you run a business without an address?
We are living in the internet world today. Digitalization and the rise of the internet have transformed lives. On an average, people spend more than 6 hours on the internet. Be it food, medicines, clothing, electronic appliances, and other products and services, people are dependent on the internet for nearly everything one can think about. This makes website development indispensable and crucial for every business to achieve the success it is looking out for.
Here are some statistics and facts about websites...
- Almost 39 percent of users judge a business by only looking at their website at first glance.
- Nearly 71 percent of small businesses have a website.
- 94 percent of the first impressions are directly related to a company’s website.
- 75 percent of business credibility comes from having a website.
Having an online presence is no longer an option for businesses and brands, but a necessity. However, with so many digital marketing channels out there, having a website may look unnecessary, time consuming, and expensive. Even though there are so many digital marketing channels, customers still expect a business to have a website, where they can check the products or services offered as well as read about the business.
Are you running a business but don’t have a website yet?
Here are some of the reasons why investing in website development is important for your business.
- Create a good first impression on the customers.
- When you have a website, it means that your business is accessible to customers 24*7*365.
- Customers can engage with your business, order products or book services anytime, anywhere.
- A website can solve customers queries and doubts through a chatbot or FAQs mentioned on the website.
- You can effectively communicate with customers, interact with them, and keep them engaged.
- Delivering good quality and unique content that the audience is looking to read can also be made possible through a website.
- Website visits from customers provide valuable insights on consumer behavior with the help of robust analytical tools.
- A website can help establish your brand identity and online presence on the internet.
- With the power of search engine optimization (SEO), right keywords, landing pages, and blogs, you can reach out to more potential customers.
- People can find your business easily on Google if you have a website.
- A website helps you to capture more leads and convert them into real customers.
- Having a business website is crucial for your business’ growth.
- You can grow your customer base with the help of a website.
Now that you know the WHY behind investing in website development, let us see how the investment in a website development is done.
In-house development vs Website development company – The Big Decision
Before the actual process, you need to make the big decision of whether to go for website development in-house by hiring a team or outsource the website development work to an expert website development company. With the expertise, experience, and state-of-the-art infrastructure that a professional website development company brings to the table, it makes sense to hire a top website development company.
Investing in website development is a step-by-step process...
Clearly defining your website development goals
- The first step in website development is to clearly define your goals for the website to the website development company hired by you.
- This includes providing key details about your organization, mission, vision, business goals, and target audience.
Analyzing what competitors are offering
- Every business belonging to any industrial vertical has competitors and your business is no exception to this.
- Competitor analysis and conducting in-depth research of other businesses is essential to identify the strengths and weaknesses, and to create a plan to make your business stand a class apart in the online world.
- The planning stage involves you and the website development company working together to define the layout of the website, from the landing page to different web pages that would be a part of the website.
- If you have a low budget, you can also go for a static single page website which is easy to make and cost-effective as well.
- Based on the discussions with you, the website development company creates the prototype and wireframe for the website to be developed.
- The wireframe refers to the individual layout of each web page on your website.
- A prototype is the demo version of exactly how your website will look when it goes live.
- 94 percent of the first impressions are directly related to a website’s design.
- This website design stage takes care of the UI and UX, branding, and the complete look and feel of your website.
- Each branding element to be used in your website is defined – logo, typography, white space, colour scheme, graphics, images, etc.
- Consistency in branding elements across various marketing channels helps build trust and credibility for your website.
Once the design is ready, you need to create quality content for the target audience. You can create the content in-house if you have the experts or hire a professional content writing agency to do it for you. Following the best practices for search engine optimization (SEO) is essential for content development.
You would need content for the following:
- Home page
- Landing page
- Description of products or services offered
- Social media
- Business profile
- Case studies
- Once the design, content, and branding elements are ready, it is time for developing the website with WordPress Customization.
- Both the frontend and backend team of the website development company hired by you work in synchronization with each other to build your website.
- Before the website is live, the website development company meticulously tests the website for any broken links or bugs.
- Testing is essential to ensure that your website functions seamlessly when live.
Website maintenance and updates
Website development is not just about making the website live. You need to maintain it as well. As your business grows, you may need to make updates to the website as well.
- Adding new pages
- Security updates
- Troubleshooting issues
- Updating plugins
- Installing new plugins
Having a website is definitely worth the investment. Even if you run an offline business or your business may not need a website, customers favor the ones that have a website.
Get a website for your business today or update your existing one by choosing Nettbyte Techno as your website development partner. A website from Nettbyte Techno will help accelerate your business growth and take it to the next level.
Jass Makkar is an International Content Creator, writer & marketer. She is a solopreneur and runs a profitable business. She has a record of working with 34+ countries. Her work & Interviews have been featured in USA Today, Daily Hunt, Hindustan times, NRI media, local newspapers, youtube & many national + international websites.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...