Yet to Come Instagram Local Business Profile
May Result in More Traffic to Fashion Sites
By Walter Moore
There is no doubt about it that your online local presence will have a huge impact on the bottom line of your company. In fact, research says that about 78% of all local mobile searches end up in an offline purchase.
A Promising fact as it may seem to you, this is nothing new. Local SEO is the primary thing for the success of any business dealing with any product or services. Therefore, if you want to make a mark with your fashion site and reach out to more and more ‘fashionable’ people out there you will need to focus on your SEO.
However, in this modern world where competition is fierce in every segment, the fashion industry is no exception. You will need to beat this high competition and the best way you can do that is by engaging your social media account.
- There are several channels on the social media that you can use but the most significant, popular and result driven platform seems to be Instagram.
- Several fashion brands have been using Google My Business for quite some time now but the same brands have shifted their focus on other social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and of course Instagram.
Social Media Marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service - to help with this, you can use the effective SMM Panel tool.
About Instagram local business profile
You may think that you are all set for a local SEO but without Instagram, you will be missing out lots of opportunities. In order to make the best use of it, you will need to create the best local business pages for your site’s profile. Though Instagram has not announced formally or rolled out local business pages in this app but you should be well prepared for this because it is going to announce it sometime soon.
- An Instagram local business profile is very much similar to the panels of Local Knowledge of Google.
- When any Instagram user searches for a specific keyword that is related to any local business, a box will appear in the search results.
- This box will carry the relevant information about your fashion site and business.
- The business profile includes the address, contact information, business operating hours and website.
- It may also carry a ‘View profile’ link to the Instagram profile of your business.
The working process of Instagram local business profile is also very much similar to Google's Local Knowledge panels.
- When you search on Google for any local business, you will get a Local Knowledge panel.
- This panel also contains essential information regarding the business like Instagram local business profile.
- It also contains images, hours of operation, location and website.
- Both of these provides you with a lot of opportunities but having over 800 million active users in a month, Instagram will obviously give you a certain edge over Google. Ideally, when you use Instagram to promote your fashion business, the local business profiles will help the users to find your business even more easily.
Features of it
Now, you will need to know the features of Instagram local business profile. As of now, the only select users can see their local business profile because it has not been rolled out by Instagram on a global scale and currently is being tested. However, to make sure that your fashion business moves in the right direction you will need to create a local business profile.
- It is alleged that users can easily claim an Instagram business profile in case they also have access to the Facebook page of that particular business. This is because Facebook owns Instagram and therefore it is highly possible that the two networks will be linked.
- Therefore, the first critical step for this is to ensure that the Facebook page of your business is up to date. This is because it is assumed that the basic info about your business will be extracted from your Facebook business pages.
- In addition to that, it also seems that the Instagram local business profiles will pull out the most recently posted three consecutive images.
All these facts point out that when the Instagram local business profiles will be fully launched you will need to pay full attention to all of your recent images. This will help you to ensure that the content is perfectly aligned with and represents your fashion brand rightfully.
When you consider a complete Instagram feed it may seem that a single image is not a very big deal but when it comes to Instagram local business profiles that single image can mean a lot of thing especially to a new visitor. When such a visitor spots your image in your business profile, it will encourage in a click through, provided the image is appealing and convincing. This will eventually result in an increased organic traffic to your official website for your fashion business.
The critical aspect
Since one single image will do all the magic, it is critical to choose the most recent and the most relevant image.
- It should be of high quality
- It must tell a story
- It must indicate the message you want to convey and most importantly
- It must be captivating.
In addition to the selection of an image, you must also take note of the "Claim" button in the top right. If you press this button you will be able to ‘claim’ the page and edit the related business information. This will provide you with a lot of ease enabling you to have total control over your local business profile.
To get an Instagram local business profile all you have to do is:
- Set up an Instagram business account
- Create a Facebook page with all accurate information for your business in it
- Use geotags to repost local content
- Post images, Stories, and videos on a regular basis.
All you have to do now is search for it under "Location" and click the "View information" button to see whether your business is included yet.
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...