How to Find a Product to Sell on Amazon FBA in 2021
Finding a product to sell on Amazon is a pivotal aspect. Sellers need to conduct intensive product research to find one that best suits their needs. Product research isn’t a one-time function, it has to be a sustained process.
As a seller, you need to find a product that has the potential to perform well while also giving you good returns. Thus, your research must encompass everything from gathering valuable data to precisely determining what customers are looking for. There are amazon product research tools that make the process a whole lot easier for new and existing Amazon sellers.
It's not easy to strategically conduct product research, so in this article, we’ll cover all the important things you need to take into consideration.
Finding an Amazon FBA product to sell
Amazon sells a broad spectrum of products with several variations of the same product. If you want to stand apart from the competition, in addition to finding a good product, you will also need to find the right supplier, place bulk orders, make payments, and ship them to an Amazon FBA. You may think that a particular product has good potential because of its quality and looks, but don't be hasty because there is more to it than just that.
Some products that are popular on Amazon FBA in 2021 are:
- Home and kitchen
Here are some tips and guidelines on what to sell and what not to tell
- Choose products that are economically priced but not too low at the same time. Anything between $10 and up to $100 is a good starting point. This is so that you can earn good profits while selling them in large quantities. Products that are priced between $10 and $50 are the ones that shoppers are most likely to buy without thinking about being too careful about how much they are spending.
- Products that are compact with small dimensions and not too heavy (below 5 lbs)are a smart choice because they will cost you less. While selling on Amazon FBA, you have to pay storage fees, based on the size of your product and the weight of your product determines shipping costs. Thus, find a product to sell that will help you cut down on both storage and shipping costs.
- It is advisable to stay away from well-known, luxury, branded products. This is because most of the time, shoppers on Amazon are looking for items that are reasonably priced over anything else. Especially items that are meant for daily, regular use are a safe niche because they are known to sell well.
- While selling on Amazon, the products that make the most sense are those that have a strong demand throughout the year. Selling those that are trending or popular only during particular seasons will make sense as long as they are in addition to a primary product line. Additionally, select items that don't come with too many challenges and complications, like electronics, because they are fragile and demand a lot of paperwork.
- Pay attention to products that are top-selling and have high demand and low competition on amazon. Products that record about 300 sales per month but don’t have too many competitors in the same niche work out very well as they can easily improve your ranking.
- Opt to private label products that you want to sell because it works out cheaper. Private labeling refers to buying your products from one company that manufactures them and then branding it as your own before selling them. You have more control over the products in terms of how they’re going to look and feel as well as a target audience. Private label products work out more economically to purchase and entail higher profit margins.
- You can make use of Pinterest, product research tools and analyze the Amazon BSR page for ideas on what to sell. Pinterest provides sellers with a plethora of ideas for private label products which might not be sold by Amazon yet. You can also use the Amazon best sellers page and check annual trends in sales to find products that have good potential.
- Customers want to buy products that serve a purpose or solve a problem. So, you need to sell something specific that convinces shoppers that they need that particular product or find a gap in the market. You can use keywords to find what shoppers are looking for and check the availability of relevant products to find that gap to take advantage of.
Selling on Amazon FBA revolves around finding the right products and you need to dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to conducting the right amount of research. All the tips mentioned above are meant to guide you in the right direction. Additionally, you can also make use of expert tools offered by SellerApp that will provide you with data-driven ideas for products.
Arishekar N, the Head of Marketing at SellerApp, specializes in digital marketing, in addition to website keyword optimization for search engines. His areas of expertise include enhancing the organic ranking of web pages on search engines with innovative SEO strategies and online promotions.