How to Create a YouTube Channel to
Grow Your Brand and Make Money
After Google, YouTube is the second most visited website all around the world. There are innumerable opportunities to reach your audience through YouTube, that is why it is a great place to start your brand marketing and make money.
Almost 75% of Americans use YouTube compared to 69% of Facebook users. You can also buy YouTube subscribers and gain more views on your YouTube videos. Starting with YouTube is not a tough job and we will guide you through the process.
How to create and start with a YouTube channel
You can easily create a YouTube channel following these 4 easy steps:
Create a google account
If you are using Gmail, Google Play, or Google maps, you already own a Google account. So, skip this step and move on to the next one.
If you do not have a Google account, then click Create Google account, fill in all the details, and have a google account for yourself.
Create a YouTube account
Go to your YouTube account page and click “Create a Channel”. Enter your brand name and you’re all set!
Customize your Youtube channel
This is an important step. Use the following points to customize your profile.
- In the Channel dashboard, click “Customize Channel”.
- Go through all the three tabs- Layout, Branding, and Basic information. Fill in all the information about your brand under each tab.
- When filling them, try to use explanatory keywords that will assist your account to appear in search results. Keywords can be your channel’s topics, solutions your products offer, your industry, etc.
- Under Branding, you can upload your channel icons and art to give your profile a unique look.
Upload your first YouTube video
This is the moment you have been waiting for from the beginning, right? To upload your first video and show it to the world. Hit the create button at the top right corner of your screen and follow the further instructions.
Tips to grow your brand on YouTube and make money out of it
So, now you are all set to create a YouTube channel for yourself, it is time to know how to grow and make money through your YouTube content.
Make your channel discoverable
Even if you have incredible content on your channel, it is of no use if no one sees it. To gain more views on your YouTube videos, you will need to optimize your content and channel so that it gets discovered. Follow the tips below to make your YouTube channel more discoverable:
- Optimize video titles - Use short, descriptive, and keyword-rich titles for your videos as they are the first thing that users see.
- Optimize your YouTube description - It is important that your video description is clear and keyword-rich. Also, add links to other playlists. You can also create a table of contents along with timestamps to assist viewers in finding what they are looking for.
- Add tags - Adding tags is a great idea to make your content more discoverable but you need to set a limit for that. Remember, “Quality over quantity”? Choose only those tags that are relevant to your content. Moreover, tags help the YouTube algorithms understand more about your content.
- Cross-promote - You can also promote your YouTube channel on other social media platforms. Add your YouTube channel link to your other social profiles, email signatures, and websites to let your fans reach your video empire easily and help you grow.
Create great content, consistently
Although it sounds very obvious, we are still going to say it: viewers like to watch good videos.
So, try to make good and unique videos that will encourage users to watch and subscribe to your YouTube channel. Successful YouTube videos possess some important things such as excellent intros, great branding, clear audio, and great branding.
Call to action is also important and it can help you fulfill your goals of driving the audience to your website or increasing your subscribers.
Do not hesitate to experiment with your content and take feedback from the audience. Their feedback is the only thing that will help you improve.
Also, try to be consistent while posting on YouTube. If you are lousy and late, your subscribers will automatically get bored of you and your engagement will also decrease.
Schedule your videos
Posting videos at the right time on YouTube is as important as posting content on any other social media platform. It will help your content get more views and increase its reach.
You can know about the best time in your channel analytics. You can also take the help of several scheduling tools to post at the right time regularly and get visible to more number of people.
Experiment with YouTube advertising
If you are not getting enough reach, you can always use advertisements to increase it. Though it will cost you a few bucks, you will be able to gain more views on your youtube videos. There are four categories of YouTube ads:
- Skippable in-stream ads
- Non-skippable in-stream ads
- Video discovery ads
- Non-video ads
Youtube is a huge platform that brings you hundreds of opportunities to grow your brand and reach more people via video content. When your channel is popular enough, you can also start making money out of it. So, start investing your time and money in marketing on Youtube, Now!
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...